Jet Light pool light without wires reviews? *updated*

Re: Jet Light? review?

Interesting. It will certainly add head loss and reduce flow rate.
Plus the lights will be on in the day time when you do not need them, which adds to wearing out the "generator" and the LEDs.

Side note....I chatted to my local pool store this morning to see if they had any in stock which they don't. They said the feedback from people was good but they had two come back as defective that got water inside them. I am going to order a pair online today and will provide a review once I've received them.

Finally had a chance to install two of these. Verdict?

Don't waste your money. Not bright, they really reduce water flow and are noisy underwater. You can see they will break easily as the fan is so fragile. Disappointing.

Winter project is going to be making my own lights.

Finally had a chance to install two of these. Verdict?

Don't waste your money. Not bright, they really reduce water flow and are noisy underwater. You can see they will break easily as the fan is so fragile. Disappointing.

Winter project is going to be making my own lights.

Hey supercanadian,

sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I'm one of the designers behind the Flolight. We designed and developed the product in Canada, it went through months of testing and we also found similar faults.
This year (2014) we switched the generator manufacturer and now the lights are performing very well. The noise, LED brightness and life expectancy have all been corrected.

As for the comments you heard regarding water entering the unit... The product is designed to allow water inside. All the electronics have been potted which makes the unit completely waterproof. The faulty product issue was the generator and the shaft used inside. The new versions are leaps and bounds ahead of the 2013 model.

All the best

........"it went through months of testing and we also found similar faults.".............And yet it got released for public consumption anyway? I don't get that at all, but thank you for the update. Also, I assume these will also work on an above ground pool?

........"it went through months of testing and we also found similar faults.".............And yet it got released for public consumption anyway? I don't get that at all, but thank you for the update. Also, I assume these will also work on an above ground pool?

This is what happens when management and marketing take over despite the advice of the product development side. Happens ALL the time, despite never being a good idea. It's a compromise. Management wants income, sales, volume and is thinking short term rather than product development folks who want a better product first. The initial product reputation is back-burner'd in favor of getting it on the market, which is risky.

I have no idea if this is the case or not, but I've seen it happen countless times, personally.

Agreed. I used to work for a major computer manufacturer, we would release stuff with known issues and would resolve the problems as consumers call in. Meeting ship dates was more important than shipping a perfect product. Calculating in the cost of field repairs was factored into the overall cost.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.