Jandy Zodiac RS-4 wall panel is dead- do I need to replace it?

May 1, 2017
Cincinnati, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi,

We have an inground pool with a Pentair VSP pump, Hayward sand filter, gas heater, salt water generator, and 5 port caretaker pop up cleaners in our pool. The pool is a 34,000 G pool and has the Iaqualink automation setup. The pool turns on at 6AM, shuts off at 9PM, the pool lights go on at 8PM and shut off at 10PM, and I can control the pool pump, lights, heater, and the Jandy valve actuator (for the pool floor cleaners or waterfall) with the app. It all works, and I dont really use the wall panel in the house, but it is nice to see the pool and outside temperature as we walk by.

The inside the house wall control panel died, and the pool service person asked me if I needed to replace it. He said that since you control it from the app, why replace it? There is no fancy upgraded model to the 80's style 4 button RS 4 panel, other then an 8 and 12 button panel. Is there a newer panel with a touch screen that you guys recommend, or should I just uninstall the panel and mount an Ipad mini there with the iAqualink app?

Any advice is appreciate.

Thanks again.

Manny

"RS4" describes your Aqualink automation model "Aqualink RS" and the 4 is the size, usually referring to AUX, or control ports". The panel is just an interface. The new interface needs to work with Aqualink, not the old panel. Do you know what rev you are on? The app should tell you. If you have a phone app, then the OneTouch should work just fine.

Thanks, I have looked at that diagram, just so I understand it accurately. My RS 4 wall mounted board is broken, and I can use the iAqualink app as I currently use. However, I can also use the Aqualink OneTouch and the Aqualink Wireless remote to provide similar functionality as the 4 button board?

That is great to know, it gives me a couple of other options.

Thanks so much.

Manny

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.