Jandy True Clear Cover Leak

Hey pool friends, I'm the OP of this thread started in July 2019, I just had to replace another of my Jandy salt cells, 2nd one in 4 years because of leaking. When the pool tech came to deliver and install it, he and I got to talking and he said many people have problems with the Jandy cell cap leaking when they run their VS too high. I have a 2 speed pump. It runs on low most of the day and kicks on high for a few hours midday. He thinks when it switches from low to high speed, there is too much pressure inside the cell and therefore causing leaks to eventually happen. I think I might have to agree with this thought process, at least it's the best I've heard so far. Any thoughts?

There are no overly high spikes in pressure due to switching RPMs. They only go as high as they would have gone, which is no worse than priming, or running a comparable single speed pump.

I think they sell the 2 as a common package, and correlation does not make causation.

I recall seeing other threads with similar leaks. The tru clear is the lesser quality cousin in the Jandy family. :(

Hey pool friends, I'm the OP of this thread started in July 2019, I just had to replace another of my Jandy salt cells, 2nd one in 4 years because of leaking. When the pool tech came to deliver and install it, he and I got to talking and he said many people have problems with the Jandy cell cap leaking when they run their VS too high. I have a 2 speed pump. It runs on low most of the day and kicks on high for a few hours midday. He thinks when it switches from low to high speed, there is too much pressure inside the cell and therefore causing leaks to eventually happen. I think I might have to agree with this thought process, at least it's the best I've heard so far. Any thoughts?

There may be a nugget of truth in what you were told.

In the thread below we learned that Jandy says not to use the TruClear SWG on systems that have pop up in-floor cleaning systems due to the high pressure they run with. We don't know the complete setup of your pool but the TruClear is not as robust as the Jandy Aquapure system.

Reactions: JodieM and JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.