Alabama
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
I am relatively new to caring for my pool. This is the second year. While I did leave my pool open all winter, I did turn the salt system to standby mode. Yesterday I added the recommended amount of salt to the pool and tried to turn the system to chlorinating mode but it keeps going back to standby. I have powered off and back on. Is this normal? I am in Alabama and we are still having some cool days. Could this have anything to do with the water temperature being to cool still? Any help would be appreciated.
For the record, my pool installer did not show me how to run my equipment so this is all a learning curve. Thanks.

You don't have automation like Aqualink do you? When you try to increase the percent it doesn't retain those settings? I worked on this system once and I seem to remember it has very poor user feedback and I do think cold water could cause it to simply not go on until the water warms up. Can you post a pic of the display screen?

I do have an aqualink app that I use. To my knowledge I can only change rpm and turn off and on with it. Doesn’t seem to user friendly. I will send a pic of all I am using just for clarification.

Attachments

• AEDC0921-B2B6-45F8-AD1D-E5C2F41B10E0.jpeg
    AEDC0921-B2B6-45F8-AD1D-E5C2F41B10E0.jpeg
    584.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 92B31753-F080-46B0-B5C0-90CD9E50BFB6.jpeg
    92B31753-F080-46B0-B5C0-90CD9E50BFB6.jpeg
    474.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 7A7292A0-CB34-48FA-94B6-DEE6ACF82641.png
    7A7292A0-CB34-48FA-94B6-DEE6ACF82641.png
    275 KB · Views: 11
  • EA683C37-6FEC-4CAE-BF45-F511B2E55B0D.png
    EA683C37-6FEC-4CAE-BF45-F511B2E55B0D.png
    408.3 KB · Views: 10
If your Aquapure is connected to your Aqualink, then it will be controlled via that interface. Do you have a screen on there for it? What is under "My Systems"?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
yes it’s connected

According to the instructions (below) you just need to quickly press the standby/power button and it should start producing. Based on the below it does not show as connected to your VSP or Aqualink even though I see a cable coming out of the bottom. What is that cable on the top for? Do you see a connection cable between the pump and the SWG?

I have quickly pressed the power button numerous times and it will appear “waiting” for a few seconds but always comes back to “standby

I’m at work right now so I can’t check the wire connections until this evening. I will let you know then. Thanks

I tried to upload a short video but was unable. I believe it shows that everything is connected as it should be. I am at a loss. And I have turned it off and back on again this afternoon. Still shows standby 0%

Well I am out of ideas. But it sounds like it is still under warranty so give your builder a call. Perhaps reseat all the connections.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.