Jandy TruClear ‘Check Cell’ message

DanPal

Apr 27, 2020
Atlanta
My 6 month old Jandy TruClear Saltwater system recently started showing a ‘Check Cell’ message and will not chlorinate.

The Jandy Troubleshooting Guide has two answers to the display "CHECK CELL",
1) Reason: Cell Overload. -Description: When the system is running within a valid chlorination window and detects a cell short circuit or overload. Designed to warn the user or service person. Output is OFF.

2) Reason: Cell Open Circuit. -Description:
When the system is running within a valid
chlorination window and detects a cell open circuit or disconnection. Designed to warn the user or service person. Output is off but retries each 30seconds.

I’ve cleaned the cell (no scale found) cleaned skimmer, etc. Also tried unplugging and replugging the cell from the main display unit. When doing that, it temporarily appeared to start chlorinating again. Then, an hour later, the ’Check Cell’ message re-appeared.

Has anyone seen this? I saw a few others post a similar issue but the solution was not clear. Thank you!

Your cell is under warranty. Make a warranty claim. We see lots of infant mortality with the TruClear.

Reactions: PoolGate
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.