Jandy Stain Remover / Purity Out Spot

It's basically a way to put acid directly on a small spot.

It can remove stains, but it is going to eat away the plaster at that spot.

1148_stainremover_1.jpg

https://www.puritypool.com/stainremovers.html

https://www.puritypool.com/info.html

https://www.puritypool.com/sharedmedia/Purity Pool Catalog.pdf

Founded in 1961, Purity Pool, Inc. designs and manufactures an extensive line of scoops, rakes, and other timesaving products.

Offering no "economy line", Purity Pool products are the finest, top quality timesaving tools and accessories for the service professional and discerning homeowner.

Since the release of the original SuperScoop in 1971 (now available as the Ultra-Lite, Standard), Purity Pool has been known as the premiere manufacturer of scoops and rakes for the serious professional.

If you have further questions feel free to contact us directly:

Mon-Fri, 9-5 Pacific time:

Main Office:1-800-257-1961

or by email at [email protected]

I have seen Pool Guys simply use a long piece of PVC pipe to pour acid down to spot treat an area.

Thanks! My reason for considering it is my colored plaster has faded considerably since installation 3 years ago. When I have to add muriatic acid I typically make a point to let it settle in areas that have faded and I get a positive reaction from that area with the color coming back, although very gradual. I was thinking this tool may help with the process of a very gradual acid wash. I know it hurts the plaster but I’m unhappy with it anyway and plan to resurface sooner than later anyway.

You can try a no-drain acid wash which is lowering the TA to 0 for a few minutes to hours.

However, this can have adverse consequences and you need to do your own research about what the potential risks and benefits are as well as how to do it as safely as possible.

Note: I am not recommending that you do anything.

Anything you do is at your own risk and based on your own research.

Reactions: 6XSBChamps
You can also use Jack's # 2 copper and scale stuff, but that is sulfamic acid and it will lock up the chlorine for months.

It's manageable, but it takes a lot of time and effort to manage the FC with sulfamic acid in the water.

Below, you can see actual pictures of the sulfamic acid molecule and the chlorosulfamate ion.

1692201052764.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1692201104778.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You can also use Jack's # 2 copper and scale stuff, but that is sulfamic acid and it will lock up the chlorine for months.

It's manageable, but it takes a lot of time and effort to manage the FC with sulfamic acid in the water.

Below, you can see actual pictures of the sulfamic acid molecule and the chlorosulfamate ion.

View attachment 522818

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 522819
Thanks. I was reading about Jacks and the first thing it said was it can only be done if bypassing the heater. I have a heater for the spa and no bypass.

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.