Jandy PLC1400 Working, but giving an error

gduke24

Aug 6, 2021
Covington, Louisiana
Water color looks great and has been all summer.

Salt Cell throwing 120 error and orange Service light is on.

I cleaned the Salt Cell two weeks ago and the code still was being thrown and the orange Service light is on.

I went and checked the water yesterday. Chlorine levels are perfect and salt levels are decreasing.

This is leading me to believe that the Cell IS WORKING.

Could this just be the sensor? I just replaced it about a year or two ago.

Thoughts?

How old is the cell? Usually that code indicates one of the terminals has corroded through. Meaning the cell is toast.

How old is the cell? Usually that code indicates one of the terminals has corroded through. Meaning the cell is toast.
So, it's more than 4 years old. As I bought the house that long ago and it was installed at that time.

Would you think it's just slowly fading out and will eventually quit making Chlorine altogether?

Also, second question. Where would you buy a new CELL from? The installation is SUPER easy!

So, it's more than 4 years old. As I bought the house that long ago and it was installed at that time.

Would you think it's just slowly fading out and will eventually quit making Chlorine altogether?

Also, second question. Where would you buy a new CELL from? The installation is SUPER easy!

Yep it will eventually quit altogether. Get the cell wherever you find it cheapest. Yes, they are very easy to replace as they are a consumable. 5-7 years is about what they last.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.