FrozenPoolboy

May 10, 2022
Minneapolis, Mn
Recently had a “ Fault - High Flue” error on my Jandy JXI , bought a new Flue sensor and installed it. Error wouldn’t clear so i cleared it out by holding pool, menu, spa button for 7 seconds, go to load defaults , finished , error cleared. Manually verify heater starts up no errors and runs for a few hours temp increases , manually turn heater off and restart master pump/whole system and now here is where my issue arises, turn heater on from my Zodia PDA (RS aqua link connected )the JXI turns on but it selects the spa button not the pool button. Doesn’t matter what remote setup i use Hi-Low, TSTAT and off, when i turn the heater on from the pda it turns on the spa selection. I only have a pool , and when i go manual on the JXI, select pool, see water temp / heat limit etc, good to go . Only change i made on my setup was loading defaults on the Jandy JXi heater to clear the error. Any suggestions to get the pda to trigger in the correct selection on the JXI? Thanks in advance for the help.

Probably not as it kicks the variable speed pump up, just thought it was odd since prior the pool icon would be lit instead of the spa one. In addition just curious to see how that is reprogrammed on the JXI since that was the only piece of the pool system i factory reset.

I'll take a look at mine later today if I get a chance. I don't recall doing anything to the heater when it was connected to Aqualink. It just worked. Not even sure what light comes on when the heat is called for. I used the 4-wire connection btw not the fireman's switch 2-wire.

Reactions: FrozenPoolboy
Thanks for checking, i use that red/4 wire hook up to the RS 485 Aqualink as well. On the JXI on the advance setting REMOTE is off, with any remote setting high-low, TSTAT, Off , the PDA turns the heater on and in all three instances the spa light is the one lit up.

Mine doesn't seem to have any special settings for SPA vs POOL. I think that might be coming from your Aqualink.

When I turn it on (from Aqualink) the "POOL" light comes on, not the "SPA" light.

1652188507438.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.