Feb 5, 2016
Antioch, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a Jandy JXI heater and 2 times now it will be heating and then when it reaches about 100-101 the blower and heater turn it self off. On the display there is no error and on the aqualink app it shows the heater is still heating.
I can go to the pool breakers, turn them off for a few moments and then back on, turn the spa on and the heater will work again.

A few years ago I had to replace the air blower switch and but this time its both the blower and heater that just stop working. What could be the issue.

Could be any of the safety sensors shutting down the heater.

You or a technician needs to check each sensor when the heater shuts down and will not start.

Or you can reset the heater as you have been and wait until it fails more often and the problem becomes easier to find. Intermittent problems are often tough to deal with and don’t fail when the tech is watching.

I have a Jandy JXI heater and 2 times now it will be heating and then when it reaches about 100-101 the blower and heater turn it self off. On the display there is no error and on the aqualink app it shows the heater is still heating.
I can go to the pool breakers, turn them off for a few moments and then back on, turn the spa on and the heater will work again.

A few years ago I had to replace the air blower switch and but this time its both the blower and heater that just stop working. What could be the issue.
May sound silly, but is the heater itself set to its maximum temperature, which should be 104? I get al least two calls a year for this issue. Automation set for one temp but the heater set lower. The heater's t'stat will override the automation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.