Jandy iaqualink RS 3.0 PCB Kit can handle how many valves?

Dcarter4

Feb 25, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
Hey All! Finally at the end of a pool refresh...and running out of cash. The pool remodel company has been great, but the Jandy automation is dragging them down. I have the new Jandy iaqualink RS 3.0 PCB kit. It's connected and working...but they only connected 2 of the 4 valves. Now they are
telling me, that I may need an mulix add on or something? I'm an old Crestron programmer/installer. I used to have this all automated with the old Jandy RS8 products. I purchased 4 new jandy vales and the 3.0 kit. I should be good to do with just basic on/off and spa features, correct? The old PCB
board controlled 4 or 5 valves before (and the light). I can't find a manual anywhere..but I'd love to show them one?! Any help out there? DC.

There are 4 connections for Valve Actuators. See the photo below of the board.
They are Intake, Return, Cleaner and Solar. The first 2 are reserved for your main suction and return actuators to control Pool Or Spa Mode.

I have a PDF of a manual but too big to upload. Have you checked the Jandy website?
Jandy PCB.PNG

The Jandy Multiplex PCB allows you to connect multiple RS485 wires (or similar controllers) to the red comm socket.
The Jandy PCB comes with 2 red comm sockets and if you have multiple equipment to connect (using 2 wire or 4 wire) then you can add this multiplex board to expand the capability. For example, your 3.0 antenna should be connected to one of the red comm sockets. if you have a VS pump, that also would connect to this.
You should have 2 red comm sockets on your new PCB.
Jandy Multiplex Board 6584.PNG

OK - found the link to the iQ20 manual which is suitable for the iQ30 because they only enhanced the antenna portion of the iQ20 to make the iQ30 product.
You need to go down to iQ20 product and download the manual HO433600

I found this in the manual
9.12 Assign JVAs
The ASSIGN JVAs menu allows Jandy® Valve Actuators (JVAs) to be assigned to any auxiliary button.
This means that whenever you press that auxiliary button, a valve turns. On pool/spa combination
models, there are commonly two (2) extra JVAs that can be assigned to
auxiliary buttons: the Cleaner JVA and the Solar JVA.

There are 4 connections for Valve Actuators. See the photo below of the board.
They are Intake, Return, Cleaner and Solar. The first 2 are reserved for your main suction and return actuators to control Pool Or Spa Mode.

I have a PDF of a manual but too big to upload. Have you checked the Jandy website?
View attachment 376763
Hi! Thank you for responding! I HAVE checked the website. NO PDF manual. Could you email it to me?

I found this in the manual
9.12 Assign JVAs
The ASSIGN JVAs menu allows Jandy® Valve Actuators (JVAs) to be assigned to any auxiliary button.
This means that whenever you press that auxiliary button, a valve turns. On pool/spa combination
models, there are commonly two (2) extra JVAs that can be assigned to
auxiliary buttons: the Cleaner JVA and the Solar JVA.
Thanks so much, sir! I'll tell them....but I hope they know!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.