Jandy Diverter Valve Issue?

Jun 3, 2018
Brisbane
Hi all, has any one had any issues with a Jandy Diverter Valve (pictured)? When I select spa mode and the valves automatically move to feed water to the spa only, we are getting a big pressure build up in the outlet of the chlorinating unit (pictured). My pool guy thinks that the valve isn't opening up properly to feed to the spa and is causing pressure. Can't get a local service business to look at it and the pool builder doesn't want to know. Very annoying. Any ideas? TIA

Attachments

• IMG_1578.jpeg
    IMG_1578.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1579.jpeg
    IMG_1579.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 18
Try the toggle first but I thought you said the valve was not turning appropriately. You can also just completely remove the actuator from the valve, put the valve handle on the valve stem, and manually turn the valve. That will tell you if the valve is OK>

Thanks. I don't think I described the issue properly. Is it possible for the top part / plate of the value to move to the correct position, but the actual valve underneath doesn't move around to the correct position to block off the correct pipe fully? TIA

Only if the valve stem is somehow compromised.

Take the actuator off the valve, you unscrew 4 screws. Do not put the screws back in just the valve as it will break the valve body.
Put the handle on the actual valve. Then move the valve to the positions you want. Does the water get correctly diverted?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.