Jandy AquaPure PLC1400 or Jandy TruClear 35k SWCG - which one?

HermanTX

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
May 20, 2020
Katy TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I have been researching upgrade to SWCG and want to know if there are any strong preferences of a Jandy AquaPure or Jandy TruClear SWCG system? I am leaning towards Jandy because of my existing automation system. It appears the TruClear is a "newer" system that offers an easy view window and easy method to clean the calcium off of it. However it is rated to 35k gals and produces .93 lbs/day vs. the AquaPure 1400 system which is 1.25 lbs/day for up to 40k gals. The AquaPure seems to be able to be mounted either horizontal or vertical whereas the TruClear must be horizontal for flow switch to work. Either would be suitable for my requirements so I am looking for any advice from those that have either knowledge or actual use of either system. Thanks.
Herman

Get the Aquapure. It is a higher quality cell.

Newer is not always better. Sometimes newer means a lower cost higher margin product for the manufacturer.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.