Jandy AquaPure 1400 Error Code 123

Johnpfeifer4

Jun 2, 2019
Kingsville, MD
I started receiving a 125/194 Error Code from my chlorine generator last week. I spent a bit of time researching and learned how to clean it. There was a bit of buildup inside so I first tried to clean it with a hose. This didn't work so I used a water muriatic acid combo which did the trick. I hooked everything back up and it seemed like things were fine, but then I started getting a 123 error code. I did some more research and decided to clean the leads on the chord although they did not appear to have any buildup. Once again, I hooked everything back up and thought things were fine but the 123 error code happened after about 10 minutes. The code has been intermittent since that time. Should I just wait this out a bit longer? Test strips look like I am starting to see some FC.

My salt is 4500 PPM.
This is the third season for my pool and this is the first time I've cleaned the SWG. I honestly did not know this was something that needed to be done.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have a graduation party this weekend and would like to resolve this myself. After reading the forums it sounds like this could be a bad board, but I figured I'd ask here first.

Thanks,

John

Attachments

• IMG_8007.jpg
    IMG_8007.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8008.jpg
    IMG_8008.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 11
That error is low or no current to the cell. First thing to check is the cord. Look for heavy corrosion at both ends. Can sometimes fix by cleaning off the corrosion. Also look inside the cell at the cord end. The three pins go inside and connect to the plates. If one of them is rotted away, it's time for a new cell and cord.

Check voltage going to the cell.

Check current going to the cell.

See page 22 in http://docshare04.docshare.tips/files/5369/53693905.pdf

Your cord looks like it if frayed where I circled...

Jandy Aquapure Cord.jpg

Thank you very much for the info... I moved the cord around and tried to push it back into the plug and now I'm getting the 125/194 error again. I checked the voltage at the plug where it meet the SWG and the voltage was 36v. I cleaned the cell this AM so I'm pretty sure the 125/194 is not correct.

Thanks,

JOhn

Did you remove the cord and examine all the pins in the cord and SWG for corrosion?

Your salt level is high at 4,500. Recommended salt level is 3,000 ppm. I would drain water from the pool and lower the salt level more towards 3,000 ppm.
  • 3.0 to 3.5 gpl of salt is recommended for optimum water conditions.
  • Low salt concentration below 2.0 gpl will cause premature cell failure.
  • High salt concentration above 4.0 gpl may damage the power center.
How are you measuring salinity?

How old is the cell?

Your salt level is high at 4,500. Recommended salt level is 3,000 ppm. I would drain water from the pool and lower the salt level more towards 3,000 ppm.
  • 3.0 to 3.5 gpl of salt is recommended for optimum water conditions.
  • Low salt concentration below 2.0 gpl will cause premature cell failure.
  • High salt concentration above 4.0 gpl may damage the power center.
How are you measuring salinity?

How old is the cell?
Thanks! I’m using the reading from the unit for salinity which was very close to my last water sample yesterday. I’ll remove some water from the pool thanks so much!

You should get a Taylor K-1766 Salt Test kit and not rely on the salt sensor which could go bad.

If the box was reading above 4.0 gpl, the 145 code for high salt would be on.

Can you unplug the cord from the cell and show the prongs?

Can you show a picture looking into the cell from the prong end side?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I suspect that the center pin or center plate has failed.

Look into the prong end of the cell at the center plate where the center pin connects to the center plate to see if you can see any damage or corrosion.

You can measure the amperage going to the cell with a clamp ammeter like shown in this thread.

If the voltage is good and the amperage is not good, the cell is probably failed.

You can remove the two screws and gently remove the compression plate that goes over the prongs to get a better check on the center pin.

Aquapure amp measurement 3.png

Last edited:
0c44414b-0085-45d9-a4da-790e046ab749-jpg.82886

4b98682e-a39d-4d9b-851a-58dc3f945733-jpg.82888

b2375737-7223-4e4a-9938-06b82b87ea93-jpg.82889

The prongs look ok.

Did you check the center plate?
Is that the piece that I took off with the screws? If so, that piece looks fine. Or is this a case where I have to look into the SWG? I did call Jandy and I'm under warranty so the pool builder is going to come out if I can't figure this out. I'd much rather learn about this stuff, so I do appreciate all of your feedback.

Look into the cell from the prong end.

There are 13 thin metal plates.

Look carefully at the edges of the plates with a flashlight to see if the edges are smooth or rough.

The center prong connects to the center plate.

In this picture, you can see the prong connected to the plate in the center top.

Aquapure cell plates.jpg

Reactions: Johnpfeifer4

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.