Dacula, Ga
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I have searched for several hours now, and I just cannot seem to find the answer... I currently have a Jandy Aqualink PDA system AquaLink 3.0, that was setup by the pool builder back in June to function with a pool mode and spa mode... With the constant spillover in pool mode (50% spa, 50% pool) it is contributing to my steady rise in PH. I would like to create a 3rd function... Spa, Pool only, and Spillover which I would run a few times a day to keep things mixed. I could easily do this manually, and I know how to cam the Jandy Valve to change it to all pool, but have no idea how to automate this. Any help on how to do this myself or point me in the write direction or resource would be appreciated.

Have they changed it on the newer models? I recently did this with my RS PDA for the same reason. I just had to flip one DIP switch and re-cam the JVA. The DIP switch was labeled on the inside of the door, and it "stole" one of the AUX ports and made that button instead control the spillover mode. I just had to move the lights off that AUX port.

If nothing else, post pictures and we can probably help you figure it out.

Thanks, I will read into the link posted above and see how far I can make it... Sounds simple enough, but will definitely post some photos if I get stumped. Thanks,

This seems pretty straightforward to make aux 3 the spillover mode...

Spillover Mode​

If you have a pool and spa you can enable the Spillover function with dip switch #3 on the main panel. When switch #3 is on then AUX3 becomes the spillover control. If you have any relay connected to AUX3 you need to move it to an available Aux position.

With Spillover turned on by Aux3 the POOL/SPA return valve will move to the SPA position. Water will be suctioned by the pool and returned to the spa.

However, my current Aux 3 slot is currently controlling my lights. What do I need to do to move lights over? @superuser, what was involved in moving the lights over to an un-used AUX?

Since I am planning to keep the pool open during the winter, how would the auto - freeze protection work if I made this change. If I run the pump in pool mode, the plumbing on the spa side of the Actuator would not flow. If I run in spillover mode, the opposite would be true.... with my current setup with being cam'd at 50% / 50% water is running through all supply and returns. How would you handle this, or is this a non issue? The pumps and filters would all still be moving water. only the 18" sticking out from the pool supplys wouldnt be..

Go the web interface, choose menu, system setup, and then the label auxiliary item and change the name on Aux 3 to spillover, and change the pool light name to a different unused Auxilary.

The unplug the input wires of the relay connected to Aux 3 and move the input over to the new Aux that you want to use. If you only have a PS4 system and you are using Aux 1, 2, and 4 you can move the pool light over to the Solar Aux (assuming that you don’t have solar heating)and rename it accordingly.

Reactions: farleyville
This seems pretty straightforward to make aux 3 the spillover mode...

However, my current Aux 3 slot is currently controlling my lights. What do I need to do to move lights over? @superuser, what was involved in moving the lights over to an un-used AUX?
In my case I moved the lights off the panel to another device - I was out of AUX ports. Honestly it works better that way, because now the lights are under the control of my home automation system and grouped into that system with the rest of my outdoor lighting.

Ok, I changed the cam position on the JVA, and was able to get the spillover activated on AUX3. I moved the lights to AUX4 and all works well.

However, in the app on the equipment tab, spillover shows up, but when clicked, it pops up with the old lightning controls. Any idea how to fix this??
Screenshot_20211204-111908_iAquaLink.jpgScreenshot_20211204-111911_iAquaLink.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You renamed the different auxiliaries but your color light is still assigned to Aux 3 as that is assigned in the color lights menu.

click the menu button, system setup, color lights, and then select the type of light you have. A menu will pop up with a list of the auxiliaries available and change it from Aux3 (Spillover) to Aux4.

Also make sure DIP switch 1, position 3 is on as that enables Spillover mode in the hardware.

Ok, I changed the cam position on the JVA, and was able to get the spillover activated on AUX3. I moved the lights to AUX4 and all works well.

However, in the app on the equipment tab, spillover shows up, but when clicked, it pops up with the old lightning controls. Any idea how to fix this??
View attachment 384016View attachment 384017

You need to turn OFF dipswitch 3 and then remove the light from AUX3.

Then put dispswicth 3 ON to enable SPILLOVER mode.

The Aqualink still is associating AUX3 with the light even though you have dipswitch 3 on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.