Jandy Aqualink - Lagging lights drop out of sync

adriansa0919

Aug 2, 2022
Miami, FL
Ok so my pool was recently completed but upon completion I noticed that my Jandy LED nicheless lights lose sync when trying to change colors from the app and web app.

When changing the colors the lights begin their process. However, in between some of the colors the turn off process will just hit the 5 seconds and some of the lights will reset to white, thus causing the lights to be out of sync.
However, when I change the light manually I have no issues.

I did some trouble shooting and narrowed down a few things.
when I first discovered the issue i realized it happened when my SPA pump was turned on. So I would easily turn off the pump and it would begin syncing properly.

However as time progressed the issue got worse. Now my lights fall out of sync all the time.

I’ve called Jandy support and one rep said it could be caused by electrical noise. I had an electrician install an Intermatic Et-Nf Timer 1 Phase 24-277V Noise Filter. However, that didn’t fix anything.

I called back and had another rep tell me to clear the memory on my Aqualink. He also mentioned that my dusk feature could be the cause of the issue. So, I took pictures of all my preset settings disabled the dusk and cleared all my memory. To my surprise the lights began to work fine. I even turned the dusk back on and they began to sync.

A couple of days passed and now I’m back to square 1. All my lights are out of sync. I turned off the dusk and still have the same issue. Even when nothing else but the lights are running in my pool.

At this point, I’m out of options and not sure what else it can be.
Since the lights can be changed manually I know it’s not an issue with the lights. The lag and differencing in timing between colors leads me to believe it’s a computer issue but I’m open ears to options and opinions.

Thanks

Welcome to TFP.

How many lights are we talking about?

Are they all on the same transformer?

What model lights?

What model transformer?

Is the transformer 100W or 300W?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.