Jandy 4-Button Spa Side Remote

Mar 19, 2017
Spring/Texas
Hello,

We have an in ground spa with a Jandy 4-Button Spa Side Remote. It was supposedly replaced when we bought our house. Unfortunately it does not allow us to control the four components, spa, heater, air blower, and spa light. The interesting thing is that when the heater is heating the water the red led on top blinks. When it reaches the correct temperature it turns solid, so I know it's connected in some fashion. When I press any of the 4 buttons no action is performed.

Is there any way I can test to confirm it is actually broken before I drop $200 on a new one? I've looked at the control panel connection and it seemed good, but I am going to double check again in the morning.

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,
Cfoster040485

C,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all your pool questions... :snorkle:

Your remote sounds very much like the Pentair unit, red light and all.

On the Pentair controller, you have to enable the remote otherwise it does exactly what yours is doing.

My guess is that Jandy has a similar set up. Suggest you look through your controllers menu and see what you can find.

Do you have the controller manual? Do you know the specific model of Jandy controller you have?

If the remote was bad, it may have been shut off on purpose to prevent it from turning unwanted things on..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hello Jim,

Thank you for the welcome and the information.

My system board is a Jandy Aqualink RS-6 Combo One-Touch. Model 8157. Firmware : K.

This morning I restriped the wires that go into the main board and connected them according to the wiring diagram on the panel. I inspected the wire outside of the conduit and it looked good. I inspected the wiring behind the 4-way remote and it looked good. I went to the indoor control panel and navigated to 'Spa-Switch', told it I had 1, and programmed it. I went outside to the spa switch, but the buttons do not engage anything. I tried pressing once and also holding down about 3 seconds, no difference. I went inside back to the Spa-Switch menu and told it I had 3(in case somehow it was on 2 or 3) and replicated the same configuration for them. Same results as before. The light on the spa side remote is illuminated and a solid red. Any other thoughts?

Best Regards,
Chase F.

Chase,

I'm not really up on Jandy, but looking at the manual it appears, just like the Pentair, you have to enable the Spa Side remote.

Listed in section 8 of the manual page 38.

Something like this ..

Menu/Help, then password, then enter password, select Spa Switch, then select enable..

Let me know if that works..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi Jim,

I pulled the PDF manual online and followed your advice. There is no 'enable' option in Spa Switch. I can only choose the 4 pieces of equipment I want to program in the remote. Am I missing something else? Sorry if I seem thick, I'm still learning, but I do IT for a living, so somewhat familiar with these sorts of menus.

I think your right I need to enable it somehow but I just can't seem to find it anywhere.

Best Regards,
Chase F.

Those spa side switches go out rather often due to moisture. I suspect this is what happened to yours as you seem to have done everything possible to to get it to work. So in this case I would suggest a replacement. You should look into a wireless remote for the system.

Chase,

Sounds like you have already done this, but just to make sure...

You went thru the Password menu and not the System Set Up menu... correct???

Sorry, but you've sucked out all the Jandy knowledge I've got.. :brickwall:

Jim R.

No I did not go through the password menu, not sure where that is. I will look when I get home.

While I'm doing that, how do I convert my system to wireless? Can I connect a wireless RF module to my power board and then buy a PDA? Better yet I have Ethernet on the other side of the wall, is there some way I can rig up a controller to interface with it that will allow me to control via a phone without spending $1k on a system upgrade?

Best,
Chase F.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm having the exact same issue with mine the exact same equipment however I did try to lock out and enabled it but still no go anybody help me

Mods, not sure if this should be a new thread.

OP, can you give us more info? How recently did this issue start?

Did all 4 buttons work before and if yes, when was that?

Are all 4 buttons unresponsive, or did one button go out at a time?

Does the middle light blink while heating and stay solid when it reaches temp?

Do any of the functions go on by themselves randomly?

Have you tried a power reset?

Sorry I just bought the house so im not sure when it last worked. Its the exact same system as the Original OP and yes the light blinks when heating and stays red when reaches temperature. All 4 buttons are unresponsive .nothing comes on randomly and yes I've tried a reset. I've also tried to lock and unlock the spa switch and reprogram the buttons but that didn't work as well

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.