It's Pool Repair Weekend!

Rental mgmt co going out this afternoon and going to do the Vitamin C tablet "test."

What is it that they are looking for to happen (or not happen)?
Black spot to turn brown? Tablet to turn pink? Fiz?
Fireworks explosion?
Is a large clown going to emerge?
:)

OHI! Neat story to share about how small the world really is . . .

Kiddo has outgrown his swing set play set. Husband has decided to turn it into a nerf gun fort (or something).
He saw someone in our neighborhood doing some demo work and stopped to ask if he could have the old plywood. They somehow got on the subject of pools. When my husband mentioned ours and all the work he did, the man realized he had read this very post in the forum.

Yup, that's what I call a small world!

Ah shoot.
I'm not liking that frowney face!

Considering I paid $450 for the pool guy to "open" and I'm paying $50/week plus chems for him to keep clean, is this something he should have been able to come up with relatively easily?
I mean heck, here I a spending my time to find this stuff out. Know what he told me? "Search on YouTube and let me know what you'd like for me to do."
Basically, is a pink slip deserved?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Weird that it spotted like that though. If it was just metal in the water I would have expected uniform stains.
The spots again make me think of fertilizer of little pieces of metal everywhere.

Weird that it spotted like that though. If it was just metal in the water I would have expected uniform stains.
The spots again make me think of fertilizer of little pieces of metal everywhere.

Good point. And it isn't on the walls of the pool - just the bottom.

. . . pool guy says there is more in deep end than in shallow. And there is more grass on the deep end. If someone were using a spreader, they would have slowed down to stop at the shallow end, whereby causing anything being distributed to not be thrown as far thus, less at the shallow end of the pool!

So if it IS fertilizer or maybe a granule used to treat ants or other pests in the grass, what is to be used to in that scenario?

Well vacuum out anything that may be sitting on the floor still.

Then likely an ascorbic acid treatment to remove the metal stains. Or just live with the stains since they do not hurt anything.

Fertilizer would already be dissolved, so nothing to vacuum up.
Something that doesn't make sense is that it's multiplying. I guess they could be reapplying something every week, but that would kill the grass by over fertilizing.

UPDATE:
Pool guy succeeded that he didn't know what was going on with it, and he didn't have time to figure it out and mess with it.
Great! [insert sarcasm.]

A few days and phone calls later I had someone to take care of it. It took EIGHT man hours to brush it all out. All billed hourly. $250.

But the good news is that it hasn't showed back up!

I don't know specifically what chems were added, but I'm told the conclusion was it was either dark green or black algae.

Along the lines of more good news, the old pool guy feels his $550+ invoices should still be paid.
Um, no.
Because he's a small business I offered to pay $150 (figuring cost of standard chems at $25 per week). He's not satisfied with that. I'm trying hard to politely tell him that had he been competent (in time and knowledge) in taking care of the pool from day 1, it never would have gotten this out of hand.

Dude, don't go away mad. Just go away!

I am glad you found someone to take care of it. You REALLY need to find out what they put in the pool just so you know.

AND get a something printed about having the other people do HIS work so if he tries to push it you have that as back up

Kim

Some people..... all you can do is shake your head.... But thank goodness, you found someone else to take care of the pool. I still think it had to do with some sort of fertilizer! Now mind you, I don't know a thing I'm talking about. I'm just betting on the fertilizer thing. LOL!

That's great all the bad stuff is gone. Geez, you guys did so much work. I was near tears for ya'll. But all is well! Good to hear from you. Any more big projects ya'll are working on? Take care!
Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.