It's not much, but it's mine

Looks very nice. :goodjob: Going to be very handy once this weird weather passes us and it gets hot. :swim:
Oh, the weather hasn't stopped us...much! As long as it isn't POURING or lightning and thunder...we're in the pool! We had some sun in Houston the last few days that we took advantage of! Sometimes I wish we had a bigger pool, but for now...this works. Next home will be a smaller home with a huge backyard!

I see only one downside - you almost have no excuse to avoid exercise since that pool is perfect for doing laps!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think your paradise looks fantastic! Those umbrellas will pay huge dividends once the sun starts shining every day. When designing our pool layout, I put it in the path of the sun, thinking that’s what a pool is for. Little did I know how hot the water would get with direct sun exposure all day. I tried sail shades, but could never get enough coverage, plus my wife hated them. Took a chiller to make my pool comfortable during the hottest part of the summer.

I think your paradise looks fantastic! Those umbrellas will pay huge dividends once the sun starts shining every day. When designing our pool layout, I put it in the path of the sun, thinking that’s what a pool is for. Little did I know how hot the water would get with direct sun exposure all day. I tried sail shades, but could never get enough coverage, plus my wife hated them. Took a chiller to make my pool comfortable during the hottest part of the summer.
Oh for sure! The umbrellas make it that much more comfortable to be out there in the summer. We have a chiller as well, but the sun coming down right at you hurts!

You have done a great job woth what you have. Definitely made the most of it. Those umbrellas are perfectly placed.

Out of curiosity, is your home a Taylor Morrison home?

That patio looks exactly like our Emerson floor plan.

We were really reluctant about building a pool at our current house because we didn't want our yard to be all pool. Before it had a small patio, a garden, and the rest grass and trees, with a playset for the kids.

Oddly enough, after we built the pool, we feel like the yard has a lot more usable space than it did before with all the new decking and extending our patio. We certainly get a whole lot more use out of it.

Reactions: jark87 and Snoobug
More important question now, what's on the grill (looks like a pellet)? Seriously, love the whole set up, does that patio close in via screen or panels? You are in Texas so does it get too hot out there to hang or you are just used to it? I know Houston area humidity makes NYC in the summer feel like a cake walk, but not so sure what your area is like? Can you be out there now comfortably or you gotta get in pool to stay cool?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.