It's not much, but it's mine

More important question now, what's on the grill (looks like a pellet)? Seriously, love the whole set up, does that patio close in via screen or panels? You are in Texas so does it get too hot out there to hang or you are just used to it? I know Houston area humidity makes NYC in the summer feel like a cake walk, but not so sure what your area is like? Can you be out there now comfortably or you gotta get in pool to stay cool?
I was smoking a brisket and a chicken that day. The patio does not close up yet, I want to do a full roll down enclosure with rails on the side to completely enclose the patio, but the cost for that size opening is very expensive, $9k+! I will be putting up 3 roll down shades soon so we can have some privacy if needed. The summer does get pretty brutal, but the umbrellas I have out there do a great job at shielding from the sun. While it does get hot and humid, I've noticed the heat feels different sitting in the patio now that the pool is there...I'm sure there's some science there, but I am not smart enough to know it lol. The ceiling fan helps. I have a swamp cooler for those extra hot days.

We were really reluctant about building a pool at our current house because we didn't want our yard to be all pool. Before it had a small patio, a garden, and the rest grass and trees, with a playset for the kids.

Oddly enough, after we built the pool, we feel like the yard has a lot more usable space than it did before with all the new decking and extending our patio. We certainly get a whole lot more use out of it.
YES! We never used our backyard before aside from be being in the heat grilling. Now its very much a functional area!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.