It's going down for real....

Im just starting the process in austin. Would you mind sharing the total cost? Im pretty sure a pool like that in austin would be around 80-90k.

Not including the equipment shed, I️ am in for tad over $70k. That includes the almost 1900 sq ft of stamped concrete.

Edit - the details and "upgrades" can add up fast... a little like the options on a German car. I think I got a pretty good deal considering the size of the pool, decking and the equipment. Could be wrong though. But I am pretty happy with the cost. BTW, I didn't include some extras such as running a 100 amp box to the pool shed and some additional plumbing and electrical for the future patio cover.

How much CYA has been added? You need to get to 20 or 30 ppm before you can see it.

If you know what has been added (aka tablets, etc) you can go to Effects of Adding Chemicals in PoolMath and determine how much CYA has been added.

Take care.

Got the drone up today. It was a very windy day, lots of waves on the water. Cloudy day, not much sun when these pics were taken.

18124a550d0f45fae2245d90d266c503.jpg

ad7aa4be709cccbde1e67827d50f986d.jpg

That looks awesome!

CYA test-if none has been added then your test is correct. A tablet only adds about 6 ppm so.........it will not show up if all they are adding is tablets.

I am guessing the water was clear all the way to the top as in you could see the dot the whole time you added the mixture to the tube.

Kim:kim:

Have the dogs shown any interest in jumping in yet Shingles?

They are trying to figure it out. We let them out back a few times and most of them just sniff around it and stays away for now. But, we did have to do one rescue. Our schnauzer did not even realize that the pool was there and just walked straight into it. But that was a one time deal. She has since realized that she cannot walk on water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I bet the look on her poor face said it all..........WHAT JUST HAPPENED????

You might want to think about doing some "swim here if you fall in" lessons. Use their high value treats (here that is cut up hot dogs). One person takes them into the pool and another calls them to where they can get out and treats them.

Kim:kim:

The deck got finished earlier this week. Dry enough to get some furniture on it and out of the garage.

9206191141a8d6b3817b07e010c5d435.jpg

Arranging a little furniture.
6c26d5e9639064086be5286030193d92.jpg

Getting the cauldron fire pit tripod ready. Have a friend that’s coming over to help put it up later. Not sure if the two of us can get it up there though. Hah
6a0c614f741ba364b29fac01df33b048.jpg

The finish on the deck is very slightly glossy. I was hoping for a matte finish. But it doesn’t look bad. Surprisingly it isn’t slippery.

Wife asked for me to send the drone up.
6b4e836e76417dcad81d888eaac675cf.jpg

cb0adffc88e6cbb7f481d069e0e8d93a.jpg

It is really windy today. Cool front coming through.
9fda2ed44d1f2ada5748b5955faeeeb3.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.