It's about time in SE Georgia!

Pool Walls without the forms!

2014-05-21+10.09.48.jpg

Quick question...

We are on a community water system. It is an un-metered system so I don't have to worry about the cost of filling the pool but I was wondering what everyone thought about using the water from the well point system to assist in the filling. I am just looking for a way for it to fill up faster when the time comes. The water is coming out clear and best I can tell does not really have any trash in it. I don't think the PB really liked the idea... he said that with it not being treated water you have to put a crazy amount of chemicals in the water to get it up to par and it is rough on the liner when you do that.

Any thoughts?

A lot has happened over the last several "days"! We have a floor now! We should have the liner in next week and either next week or the week after we should have the concrete decking done. We are trying to let the dirt settle a little bit before the entire deck is poured. We had to bring the grade up on the back side of the pool almost 3ft and we don't want any concrete cracking.

Here are the different time lapse video's of the build process. I will try to upload some picture a little later.

Day 5
http://youtu.be/2b4qQSDEraQ

Day 6
http://youtu.be/PM-y79u13lg

Day 7
http://youtu.be/RjKXWGynmkU

Day 8
http://youtu.be/E1Mh41H27Fo

Day 9
http://youtu.be/ffgrHhosdWI

PICTURES!!! YAY! WE ALL LOVE PICS!

Equipment Pad - PB was nice enough to lift up my AC and pour one pad for all of the pool equipment and the AC. It looks a lot better than what it would have.
2014-05-23+12.44.05.jpg

Dirt has been leveled... (if you notice in the back ground, my daughters sand box... the blue boat... inadvertently got a little crushed by the bob cat.) oops...
2014-05-27+17.48.36.jpg

Deep end has been dug and french drain installed. You will see why it is needed in the next pic...
2014-05-28+10.58.23.jpg

French drain was needed for this... Even after the 15 well points around the pool there is still ground water coming in...
2014-05-28+14.31.03-1.jpg

Pool Bottom - All I have to say is the Pool Builder is AWESOME at controlling water!
2014-05-29+13.08.52.jpg

Steps - Liner will be over the steps and bench.
2014-05-29+13.08.56.jpg

Bench
2014-05-29+13.09.06.jpg

Progress Update!

All of the backfill is done as you can see in the post before this one. The building inspector has come by and passed us on the bonding... :) Now, Tomorrow they are going to pour the coping around the edge of the pool. We are doing a 1ft border that is going to be brushed concrete. On next Monday (or at least that is the plan) we are going to pour the rest of the deck. It will be concrete with a rock salt finish.

Hopefully on either Thursday or Friday the liner will be in and the builder said whichever day the liner shows up is the day that he is going to put it in.

We are getting super excited. Here is a pic of all of the dirt grading done. (And our little burn pile to the left... All the pallets and cardboard boxes are a pain.

2014-06-02+16.33.49.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Does anyone have any experience with the liner not fitting correctly and it having to be sent back to the manufacture, fixed, and sent back? My pool builder was instructed by the liner company to box it back up and send it back to them they will fix it and send it back.

Here are a couple more pics of the bad liner in addition to the one I posted earlier.... Don't know if you will be able to tell in the pictures or not but the part that is being held up looks like the liner was made with an additional wall at the bench...

IMG_1006.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

I have really enjoyed following your build and watching your videos. Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear about the liner issues. Did they indicate how long to get the correct liner? Also wanted to comment on the worker bees building your pool. Do you remember the Doozers on Fraggle Rock? That's what the crew reminded me of. I kept looking for the clear radish sticks they built with!:D

That is not a good sight. Did your heart drop when you saw it? I know mine did and I am just watching from the sidelines. :(

My heart is still on the other side of the planet... when I first saw it, I looked at the PB and said "Am I seeing what I think I am seeing.." he said... "I am not sure what I am seeing yet." I knew that was not good... We had all just gotten out of our mouths a couple minutes before that about all of the obstacles that we have had to overcome with our pool. (Water table issues...) We have some company coming in this weekend and we wanted it to be done for them. It's will be ok though. Other than the liner set back for the moment it looks like everything else is still on track. They are going to have the rest of the concrete poured on Thursday. On Friday I may have some sod brought in but I am not sure yet just because of cost and availability. When I called looking for sod the other day what I wanted was not available yet. Then on Monday I am having the fence guy come in and get all of the fence put up. Then we will only be waiting on the modified liner at that point.

I have really enjoyed following your build and watching your videos. Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear about the liner issues. Did they indicate how long to get the correct liner? Also wanted to comment on the worker bees building your pool. Do you remember the Doozers on Fraggle Rock? That's what the crew reminded me of. I kept looking for the clear radish sticks they built with!:D

Thanks, I talked to the PB last night and he had it ready for pick up from the shipping company and that it was going to be picked up today per the manufacturer instructions and that is the only thing that he knows at this point. He said he is pushing them for a timeline and will let me know as soon as he knows. (I know he is pushing them pretty hard because I was standing by him most of the time he was on the phone with them.) Maybe the will expedite the shipping since it was their mistake.

So sorry about your liner problem. I can only imagine the excitement and then another feeling not so fuzzy.... Well hopefully a week from now you will be looking at a fantastic, perfectly fitting blue liner with water going in!!!!

Beautiful pool! Can't wait to see it continue!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.