May 24, 2014
kennewick wa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi All,
A few questions. We have started installing our new pool. The equipment pad is going to be about 85' from the last skimmer. I know I should have lots of questions about issues this will cause. Any recommendations or experience with this issue is appreciated!
Here is where we are at with the pool and equipment now
18' X 36' Vinyl (approx 24,000 gallons)
Onxy Floor (Black) Liner
CoverStar Auto cover (Charcoal)
3HP variable speed / Flow VSF pump (Pentair)
Clean & Clear Plus 420 filter (Pentair)
UltraTemp 140 Heat Pump (Pentair)
Intelli Center Pool Control System (Pentair)
IntelliChlor IC60 (SWG) -(Pentair)
Acid pump and tank - (Pentair)
In line Zinc Anode
2 pentair amerlite w/LED color inserts.

Attachments

• mini excavator.jpg
    mini excavator.jpg
    648.1 KB · Views: 43
  • mini excavator2.jpg
    mini excavator2.jpg
    704.3 KB · Views: 50
  • overview.jpg
    overview.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 51
  • trench dig.jpg
    trench dig.jpg
    720.5 KB · Views: 51
You can efficiently pump water 100’ without any problems. What size pipes will be used?

The equipment will be above pool level on a pad around the corner of the house so 90's and 45's and sweep fittings. I will ask the PB tomorrow what size piping he will be running. As always thank you for your insight it is greatly appreciated. It has been almost 1 year for me on this forum doing research and seeing what you all have to say. It has been very helpful and taken a great deal of stress out of this project. As you can imagine for a first time pool owner knowing NOTHING! about the build, maintenance, and details you all ROCK! Thank you for all the time you send with this forum.

Attachments

• small landscape.jpg
    small landscape.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 16
How many skimmers?

Will it have a main drain?

Assuming 2 skimmers and 2 main drains (tied together near the drains), I would use a separate 2" pipe from each skimmer to the pad and a 2.5" pipe from the main drains to the pad.

Don't tie the skimmers together underground.

Is there any reason you would need more than 40 gpm at any time, such as a fountain etc?

Last edited:
How many skimmers?

Will it have a main drain?

Assuming 2 skimmers and 2 main drains (tied together near the drains), I would use a separate 2" pipe from each skimmer to the pad and a 2.5" pipe from the main drains to the pad.

Don't tie the skimmers together underground.

Is there any reason you would need more than 40 gpm at any time, such as a fountain etc?
James

Yes 2 main drains and 2 skimmers. Why don't you tie the skimmers together? I have not seen the plumbing layout. Hopefully tomorrow. the changes to this design are 1 - Both skimmers are on the right side and we added a 1' safely ledge in the deep end. no fountains, bubblers or anything else as so many have recommend they are not worth the trouble. Thank you

Attachments

• drawing 6-3-20.jpeg
    drawing 6-3-20.jpeg
    385.7 KB · Views: 13
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.