Spartymsu

Mar 28, 2019
SE MICH
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi All,

I seem to have an issue with my skimmer flappers breaking every year. They always break in the same place - right at the pin. This year, one broke, I repaired and reinforced it and it broke again. Then the other flapper just broke yesterday.

Understandably, the kids using the pool likely make the flappers work harder due to the surging water but it seems a little ridiculous at this point. There is really not a lot of material there supporting the pin.

Any redirect appreciated.

Attachments

• flapper.JPG
    flapper.JPG
    575.9 KB · Views: 12
That is actually a Hayward skimmer weir.

What is the door hitting when it closes? Could a rubber bumper of some sort assist in reducing the beating it takes?

Hi All,

I seem to have an issue with my skimmer flappers breaking every year. They always break in the same place - right at the pin. This year, one broke, I repaired and reinforced it and it broke again. Then the other flapper just broke yesterday.

Understandably, the kids using the pool likely make the flappers work harder due to the surging water but it seems a little ridiculous at this point. There is really not a lot of material there supporting the pin.

Any redirect appreciated.
Measure the width and get one of the Aladdin aftermarket spring-loaded weirs.
Universal-8in.-Weir

Reactions: proavia and mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.