Issues with Omnilogic Panel (and Potentially Pump)

celticplague

Jun 3, 2022
Breinigsville, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
1st Issue:
Hi, folks. I have a Hayward Pump and Omnilogic Panel. About two weeks ago, the scheduled cycle of my pump began to have issues. Anytime my pump schedule shifts to anything lower than 50% (18% is noted as Low on the Hayward App), the pump shuts down.

2nd Issue:
In addition, anytime we have a power outage, all electric goes off and then returns to normal functioning. The only item that does not is our pump. I have to manually go out, flip the breaker on it to off then back on manually. This is fine if I am home, but this just happened while we were away for 8 days on vacation and returned to issues which are obvious.

Any guidance on these two issues would be greatly appreciated.

What model Hayward pump do you have?

Hayward has seen some instances where the HUA from a Gen 3 VS pump was not visible to the Omni control.

These instances have occurred after:

• A power brownout
  • The pump was installed with incorrect dipswitch position and the dipswitch was moved while power to the pump was still on.

Once Power was restored, or the pump powered down and back up the HUA would not populate into the control.

Solution that Hayward found is that power needs to be turned off to the pump for a MINIMUM of 5 minutes and as much as 15 minutes to allow the drive to reset. Once power is restored the HUA was visible to the Omni and the pump worked normally.

Reactions: celticplague
I think you need to see what Hayward Support suggests.

Maybe they have a firmware update for the pump that would likely need to be done by a Hayward dealer.

Reactions: celticplague
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.