Antelope, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
Yesterday during my weekly maintenance, I noticed a couple green algae spots. At least once a week I pull back the solar cover to let the pool breathe and to do my brushing and full battery of tests and to add acid if needed (I have only added it once so far).

I went ahead and brushed the sides, added some bleach and let her breathe and filter for a couple extra hours before putting her to bed for the night.

So, my question is: Should I perform a SLAM because of these couple of green spots? I’m guessing the reason I had the spots where I had them has to do with poor circulation, which I will be trying to remedy very soon by adding some slip-fit eyeball returns. The returns are poorly placed in my opinion so being able to direct the flow would help I’m guessing.

Numbers before noticing the green spots were as follows:
FC 7
CC 0
PH 7.5
TA 100
CH 400
CYA 50

I added bleach to bring me up to 8, but apparently overshot and ended up closer to 9 (tested this morning). Water is perfectly clear and sparkles in the sun. We bought this house last summer and I have been taking care of the pool solo since about mid-September after we fired the pool guy because he was doing absolutely nothing besides dropping pucks in a floater and collecting our money. So, this will be my first full season. So far so good. Just wanted to know if these green spots need a full-on SLAM?

Also, is it normal for PH to climb very slowly with a solar cover on most of the time?

Thanks!

Sounds like a plan, I'll do that.

Any thoughts about the PH? I was waiting for it to come back up so I could add acid again. Trying to get my TA down a little bit to help with that CSI.

Thanks mknauss!

Aeration is how you raise pH. From 7.2 to 7.5 goes really quick with TA above 100, from 7.5 to 7.8 will take several days.

Do you have anything to run for aeration?

Or, just add MA to get back down to 7.2. That will put your CSI at 0 or below.

I actually have nothing set up at the moment to aerate. Another reason why I need those eyeball fittings.
I'll probably do as you suggest and add a little MA.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.