Is this the proper Height for Weir Door? See photo

IMV8N

Gold Supporter
Jun 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Just bought a house with a pool. Trying to learn the ins and outs. This weir door seems off to me but also it does seem old and it is a little curved from years of use. Could it have shrunk as well? As you can see in the photo the catch that hangs down from the top is no longer catching/stopping the door. I measured the door and its 7 1/4 by 5 1/4. Im wondering if the correct size should be maybe 5 1/12 or even 6". Problem is I can't find sizes any taller that still fit the 7 1/4 parameter. So my question is do I just buy the exact same size replacement? Should there be that much gap between the top of the weir door and catch?

IMG_0310.JPG

Size seems correct but it Looks like it's installed backwards.

If it has those spring loaded side grips to hold in place, just push it up a little bit so the nub section will work as a stopper. Make sure it is high enough so it doesn't jam the door in place when the pump runs. Mine was not quite high enough so it was stuck and causing a skimmer vortex.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.