Is this a pool or a swamp? Help

Wanted to give a follow up. After about 12 days i was in the pool. The answer to my cleanup was running two separate pump filters 24/7 for about 5 days straight, 4 x day filter cleaning and a lot of patience and vacuuming. No chemicals, no pillow stuffing, no drain and find new water (like the pool store suggested). I took the time while waiting for clean up to educate myself on the chemicals and best pool practices for maintenance.. I still have a little iron staining but everytime i vacuum more of it comes out. Thanks everyone👍

Attachments

• 41B9C5A0-9721-4E0A-9CFB-8415CA191FFD.jpeg
    41B9C5A0-9721-4E0A-9CFB-8415CA191FFD.jpeg
    502.4 KB · Views: 30
  • A1232AC9-C077-4128-B468-B1EF50C62BDE.jpeg
    A1232AC9-C077-4128-B468-B1EF50C62BDE.jpeg
    351.3 KB · Views: 30
The real lesson here is that you hit it hard and often. 9 times out of 10 you need X amount of effort and if that effort comes once or twice a day, it will drag on and on.

Life gets in the way for all of us. But there are no shortcuts to the effort needed whether it be filtering/cleaning, or maintaining a SLAM.

To put it into Mopar-speak..... there’s no replacement for displacement. :) In this case the displacement was particles that needed to go and not cubic inches, but it works just the same.

Again, sir. Well. Done.

Try to capture as much rain water as you can to replace some of that pool water. You may find as you add chlorine that the iron may reappear a bit. WHatever iron is in there still could be captured if you put some paper towels in your skimmer, or polyfil.

Maddie 🐞

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.