Is there a cap for the pool side *pipe line* on Intellichlor systems when needing to clean?

Bires

Mar 11, 2023
Las Vegas, NV USA
When I acid clean my intellichloor salt cell the water from the pool run out the gap and floods my hardware pad.
The water line of the pool is slightly higher than the hardware, so the pool water runs backward unless under pressure. (I know this is weird. Our pool (re)builder had some issues.)

Anyway, I bought the salt cell cap (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088GR51P2/) to clean, but is there a threaded cap that I can use on the pool side (similar to the threads on the salt cell)?

Thanks.

Do you have a valve after the SWCG? I have never heard of a cap as you describe.

You really should not have to clean the SWCG with acid if you properly manage your pool water chemistry.

Also, read SWG How It Works - Further Reading for how to clean a SWCG.

B,

I'm surprised that you do not have a valve between the SWCG and the pool. Show us a pic of your equipment pad.

You could buy this union set and make your own plug..

Pentair P/N 520595...

If you have the room, I would just install a 2-way Jandy valve between the SWCG and the pool.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Attachments

• PXL_20230423_181842762.jpg
    PXL_20230423_181842762.jpg
    639.8 KB · Views: 8
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.