Is the “liner” the actual pool?

Samanthaelizabe

Mar 30, 2021
Texas
So we’ve got an intex 12’x39” prism framed pool that we neglected at the end of summer last year. It’s still intact but it’s disgusting. Instead of cleaning it we were considering getting a new pool. Then after research I found the liner. Is that the actual pool part or is it just an overlay?

How about dropping a sump pump in the green lagoon and draining it? Clean and refill and then start taking care of it the TFPC way!

Welcome to TFP :wave: We love us some pools!

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: Mdragger88
Hello and Welcome to TFP!!

Do you have a link to the liner you found? There are replacement liners out there for metal wall pools, but that isn't what you want.
It isn't to difficult to clean the liner that you have. You just need a brush on a pole and liquid chlorine.
Take the brush and brush the walls good to loosen up the green stuff. Then drain the pool, refill it and add liquid chlorine / bleach to the water. Use enough to get to 5 ppm. Continue to brush the walls and floor, run the pump and add liquid chlorine until the algae is gone and water is crystal clear.

Hello and Welcome to TFP!!

Do you have a link to the liner you found? There are replacement liners out there for metal wall pools, but that isn't what you want.
It isn't to difficult to clean the liner that you have. You just need a brush on a pole and liquid chlorine.
Take the brush and brush the walls good to loosen up the green stuff. Then drain the pool, refill it and add liquid chlorine / bleach to the water. Use enough to get to 5 ppm. Continue to brush the walls and floor, run the pump and add liquid chlorine until the algae is gone and water is crystal clear.
Here’s the link I found

We’ve considered cleaning it, but since it’s off in the corner of our property we haven’t looked at it even in months. Over this past weekend we looked and there was a squirrel in it and we’re not sure how long it had been there. I know it can be cleaned, I just don’t feel comfortable with it.

How about dropping a sump pump in the green lagoon and draining it? Clean and refill and then start taking care of it the TFPC way!

Welcome to TFP :wave: We love us some pools!

Maddie :flower:
We found a squirrel in it and we’re unsure of how long it had been there. I know it can be cleaned, I just don’t feel too comfortable with handling it after that.

We found a squirrel in it and we’re unsure of how long it had been there. I know it can be cleaned, I just don’t feel too comfortable with handling it after that.
Bleach is an adequate disinfectant that will properly clean this pool. All wildlife is attracted to water. That's just the simple truth about owning a pool. We all go through it at one time or another. I cant see getting rid of a perfectly fine pool because a squirrel died in the water months ago. Dump it. Clean it. Use it. Or hire someone to do it.

The pool is cleanable, and chlorine will make it sanitary again. Keep in mind if you replace the liner you will be taking apart the majority of the pool to swap them out. Also check shipping fees and shipping time before you decide if this is worth your time and money.

Since it's on the intex site, I'd guess it'd be the vinyl part of the pool, and not just an overlap. To feel better, I'd call them to make sure since they don't offer free return shipping (I had to return some parts a couple years ago and it almost wasn't worth it due to cost). You could also email them. Last time I called was a few months back and their call center was closed due to covid, so I emailed and got a fairly fast response. Like I said, I can't image it being anything other than the liner that the top rails go through since it's specifically for the intex prism pool, but I'd still confirm.

I am sure it's the actual pool. Intex liners are the pool. I am sure you know you will have to disassemble the current pool to swap out the liner. It's probably an equal amount of work to clean versus disassemble/reassemble. If the current liner is only a year or two old, I would probably clean it.

Since it's on the intex site, I'd guess it'd be the vinyl part of the pool, and not just an overlap. To feel better, I'd call them to make sure since they don't offer free return shipping (I had to return some parts a couple years ago and it almost wasn't worth it due to cost). You could also email them. Last time I called was a few months back and their call center was closed due to covid, so I emailed and got a fairly fast response. Like I said, I can't image it being anything other than the liner that the top rails go through since it's specifically for the intex prism pool, but I'd still confirm.
Thank you! I sent an email, just waiting on a response to make sure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.