Fallbrook, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Greetings Everyone, Real quick background our SWG cell stopped working it was Hayward t-15. We had it replaced under our extended home warranty. So the insurance company had whoever they use in San DIego come out and examined it. They agreed it needed to be replaced. It took several months but last week they came out and replaced it. When I got home that night, I noticed they replaced it with a T-3. I had a hard time believing that the installer could have missed this but we contacted them the next day and this is their reply:

Thank you for sending those photos, I deeply apologize this has happened. After doing some investigating and talking to our supplier it appears unfortunately we were given the right box but the wrong cell. The T-CELL-15 is actually obsolete (see the attached photo). The replacement cell is the 40K GAL 2YR WARR SALT CELL F/ AQUARITE. I have already ordered that cell for you and I am working with scheduling right now to make sure we get the right cell installed for you.

Has anyone heard about the t-15 being obsolete? Do you think what they want to install is acceptable replacement?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-16 103111.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-16 103111.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 56
T-3 is a 15k gal cell
I think they mean w3t-15
Yes that is what they installed t-3 for pools up to 15k gal. Ours is 30k and we had t-15

Was the Hayward warranty expired?

They want to give you a generic replacement instead of a Genuine Hayward cell.

I would want a genuine Hayward cell with a 3 year warranty.

The T-15 is not obsolete.

There is a new model, which makes the older model obsolete, but the new model is basically exactly the same except maybe an ID tag that can be read by newer software.

Reactions: Mdragger88
They are trying to give you a generic aftermarket cell. If you had a genuine Hayward cell, I would not accept a generic as a replacement.

As noted above, the Hayward T15 is still available.

Is that price listed in the pic for an aftermarket cell for real? 😲

Here is the T-15 cell listed on Hayward's website...

This dealer notice may explain their confusion. Hayward has rebranded the Aquarite as the Aquarite 900 and changed the name of the cell from T-15 to TCELL940 to have a product line that is not sold on the Internet.

The cell you want is still sold as the W3T-CELL-15 or T-CELL-15.

Attachments

• Dealer_NPA-AquaRite_900.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 4

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.