QingGuy

Silver Supporter
Mar 22, 2015
Las Vegas NV
Hi all,

It's been a while. My IC40 seems to have died (not producing chlorine). I tested by running her overnight and saw no increase in FC. This would be my 8th season with her so I've gotten my monies worth from her. Just want to check for suggestions before I toss her.

The only error/alert she's throwing is to clean the cell. Which I did. I remover her and clean her every winter. Still throwing the error. Does anyone have any suggestions I should try before tossing her? Liquid chlorine is sucking btw.

Thanks in advance!

FC: 5
CC: 0.5
pH: 7.4
TA: 90
CH: 500
CYA: 80
SALT: 3800
TEMPERATURE: 85
CSI: -0.13

8 years - probably out of life, but did you run the diagnostic to see how much life the cell shows is left? Hold down the "more" button for 3-4 seconds and it will light up how much percentage was used.

Q,

If the Cell light is flashing, and the cell is clean, then the cell is dead, no matter what the cell life test shows.

Most cells last 5 to 7 years, so it is time to get a new cell.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: jgofnj
Q,

If the Cell light is flashing, and the cell is clean, then the cell is dead, no matter what the cell life test shows.

Most cells last 5 to 7 years, so it is time to get a new cell.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Sorry - Missed that part and didn't realize the error was showing up.

I replaced my IC40 last month with one of these. It's a straight drop-in replacement and makes more chlorine than the IC40. I'm still dialing it down slowly to get my FC back under 10. Be aware it doesn't interface with the Intellitouch automation though.

Reactions: jgofnj
Thanks to all for your input. I feel fortunate to have received 7-seasons out of the cell. Not complaining at all about the length of use. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

@jeffchap - Thanks for the link. Trying to decide if I'm going to replace the cell or stick with liquid chlorine. My break-even period for using liquid chlorine vs. a cell is 3.5 years. The warranty on this unit is 2-years. Need to decide if I want to roll the dice hoping I get lucky twice. Adding liquid chlorine every other day is getting old though so convenience is definitely going to play a factor in my decision on whether to replace it or not. The Generic unit you posted seems like a good option if I go that route.

Reactions: jeffchap
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.