Is my FC level too low given my stabilizer level is 100?

qiuhuanihao

Jun 6, 2020
Plano, TX
Hi,

I have a 25,000 gallon Chlorine pool. i tested pool water and here is the result.

Here is the result.

Is my FC level too low? what is the ideal level of FC given stabilizer level is 100 now?
How much pound of Chlorine should I put to bring FC to the ideal level?

Attachments

• test result.jpg
    test result.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 24
Q,

"If" your CYA is actually 100, and I suspect it is much higher, then you just need to drain at least half of your pool and refill it..

You need to get your CYA down to 50 or less..

Thanks,

Jim R.

The FC/CYA TFP recommendation of chlorine to CYA is 7.5% on the low side and 11.5% on the high side.

In a scenario, lets just say your CYA is actually 100, and your FC is lets say 10% , then your FC would be 10 which would be OK per the math.
However, it would take a lot of liquid chlorine to maintain FC of 10. Its really not practical or economical to do that.

And also, lets not forget that when FC reaches 10 or higher, then the pH test becomes invalid.

Hi,

I have a 25,000 gallon Chlorine pool. i tested pool water and here is the result.

Here is the result.

Is my FC level too low? what is the ideal level of FC given stabilizer level is 100 now?
How much pound of Chlorine should I put to bring FC to the ideal level?

I wo
Thanks for all replies. It seems to me that I need to lower CYA level. Other than draining the pool, what other options I have?
How to drain the pool? I have never done this before.
I wouldn't drain any based only on pool store testing. While it's likely to be much higher than 100, it could just as easily be 70. Without knowing how high the CYA is, you don't know how much to replace.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.