Is my CircuPool UL40 cell really need Muriatic Acid?

alosito

Jun 24, 2019
Simi Valley, CA
I installed s brand new UL40 last summer. The unit has been generating a little bit of chlorine 24/7 since then. About a month ago the cell maintenance light started flashing. When I remove the cell, I don't see any build-up (see attached pictures). Still I feel like I have tried everything to clean the cell with water (waterpick, garden hose), but the light is still flashing. Does this mean it is time to soak the cel in some chemicals?

Attachments

• IMG_6500.jpeg
    IMG_6500.jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6499.jpeg
    IMG_6499.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6498.jpeg
    IMG_6498.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6497.jpeg
    IMG_6497.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 17
I installed s brand new UL40 last summer. The unit has been generating a little bit of chlorine 24/7 since then. About a month ago the cell maintenance light started flashing. When I remove the cell, I don't see any build-up (see attached pictures). Still I feel like I have tried everything to clean the cell with water (waterpick, garden hose), but the light is still flashing. Does this mean it is time to soak the cel in some chemicals?
Have you measured the salt level in the water to rule that out?

trivetman is correct.... I have the Circupool UL55, the cell maintenance light comes on every 500 hours (if I'm not mistaken) and all you have to do is inspect the cell to see if it needs to be clean or not. Press and hold down the system status button and the flashing will stop.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.