Is an Intellichlor saltwater system a good way to go?

I'm not a pool professional, but that's what I have and I like it. Just make sure it's rated for 2 x the size of your pool. e.g., if it's a 20K gal pool, get an IC-40.

Reactions: nlpoolfam
I'm not a pool professional, but that's what I have and I like it. Just make sure it's rated for 2 x the size of your pool. e.g., if it's a 20K gal pool, get an IC-40.

Are you planning to add automation to the new pool? Pentair SWGs work best with Pentair automation.
Thank you very much for sharing. Yes, I believe so. I now realize how naive my husband and I are about our upcoming pool. The build on our vinyl lined (18x36) pool will begin any day now. It was supposed to have begun sooner but we have had so much rain here (we are in Washington State... usually this is the "sunny" side of the State though). Our pool guy is the one who learned of this system. He told us that it isn't (for some reason) used much here, in the Pacific Northwest, but looks to be the best choice since we want a saltwater pool. Thank you very much for your input. We have so much to learn!

It can be an eye-opening experience. Spend some time in the under-construction forum for knowledge and advice. As recommended earlier, be sure to select a SWG rated for twice the pool volume.

Now is the time to start studying up on pool chemistry. Before the fill, invest in a TFP recommended test kit.

Best wishes!

Reactions: nlpoolfam
It can be an eye-opening experience. Spend some time in the under-construction forum for knowledge and advice. As recommended earlier, be sure to select a SWG rated for twice the pool volume.

Now is the time to start studying up on pool chemistry. Before the fill, invest in a TFP recommended test kit.

Best wishes!
Great advice and info! Will do and thanks again!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.