Red flow light

Welcome to TFP!

Can you feel water coming from the returns? What does the pressure gauge show? Pump basket completely full?

If water seems to be moving through the system normally, it could be a problem with the sensor. But your SWCG won’t produce chlorine if it thinks there is not enough water flow.

I just had an inground pool built. The flow light on the Intellichlor salt chlorine generator is red stating no flow, what do I need to do.
Do you have a variable speed pump? My IC needs about 1550RPM to work. Others find they need a little more or a little less. You may just need to speed up your pump a bit.

if it was working before, but then stopped, it may be that your filter is dirty and impeding the flow just enough to trip up your IC. I think my pump is at 1600 just now, because my filter is dirty and my IC wasnt working at 1550. Once I clean my filter, I’ll be able to set the pump back to 1550.

R,

I agree with Dirk, the most likely cause is a dirty filter..

What is your filter pressure?

Do you have a single speed or variable speed pump? If VS, what speed is the pump running?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.