Iron well filled please help

Thx. instructions on bottle say rebalance water in 24 hr and change out cartridges in 48. Is it okay to use auto cover at this point to help protect from algae. I ordered the polyquat 60. It doesn't arrive until tomorrow. We had a lot of rain yesterday. I took advantage of it and that's what made the final depletion of chlorine
That's correct. You have no multiport valve or recirculate position.

Thank you. I should be ready to start adding chlorine soon. It says to make sure to do this slowly. My pool is 15000 I was around 50 cya before this last heavy rain. Will retest before adding chlorine but what is a slow rate of adding chlorine. Thank you

UOTE="Texas Splash, post: 1639922, member: 69133"]
Sure, you can cover to protect from the sun.
[/QUOTE]

I don't recall if the article says anything specifically. If not, I would increase in about 2 ppm increments and monitor everything as you gradually go up.
Thank you. I calculated that to a quart of chlorine per my size. I'm assuming I'll do this process like I did the slam. Add every hour until level is reached and then do overnight test to see if held. My pool looks absolutely amazing. It's insane. We were sold the pool with an ionizer and ozone. We've never seen it so crystal clear. Owe it all to you. Thank you

Great to hear! :goodjob:
As I'm doing this protocol we're getting a lot of rain. Crazy wet weather for us this time of year. Thankfully I need it right now. Its costing for more bleach and ph but I'm letting the pool get as much rain as possible to continue to bring my cya down from current 50. I have some more questions. We had just installed the puck chlorinator. I had purchased 1 case of shock and 2 new 25 lb buckets of pucks. I haven't opened any of these. If I'm understanding this system correctly you dont ever need any of this right? Thinking I should take the loss on the chlorinator and ask the pool supply to exchange me in other product like ph increase/reduce, alkalinity powder, and liquid chlorine. Am I on the right track..

Correct. You generally don't need (or want) to use the chlorinator with pucks on a daily basis. Those pucks and bags of shock will drive your CYA higher and higher. Regular bleach won't do that, so stick to bleach for your FC level. Now you can keep those pucks for later if/when your CYA gets low or you go away for a few days and can't be around to add bleach.

If you simply wish to return any of those products now, that's fine too. :)

Reactions: Tena
Correct. You generally don't need (or want) to use the chlorinator with pucks on a daily basis. Those pucks and bags of shock will drive your CYA higher and higher. Regular bleach won't do that, so stick to bleach for your FC level. Now you can keep those pucks for later if/when your CYA gets low or you go away for a few days and can't be around to add bleach.

If you simply wish to return any of those products now, that's fine too. :)
Hello. Idk if it was the rain I was letting in the pool or if I got algae that I cannot see from letting the chlorine go to zero for the iron treatment. My water is cloudy and all my numbers are off and I cant get stable. CC is also high. I was using the rain to help my cya but I'm not knowledgeable enough at this point and feel like I'm screwing myself. I'll be covering from now on. To get me back on track do I begin slam process again. Ugh

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm
After putting more thought I just started slam again. Thinking anytime the CC is above .5 this is what you do to bring it down. Is slam basically the same thing as a weekly shock treatment?
I'm re-reading all the information. I was right to start the slam. I promise I'm not a nut. This is overwhelming dealing with all these problems. hopefully iron stays sequestered and this is my last issue ?

I just read through this whole thread and wanted to jump in and say WELL DONE!! You listened to the wonderful instructions given by two of the best TFP has! :hug: to both of them!

I also noticed how far YOU have come. From not really knowing anything about how to care for your pool to "I am ready to start a slam" like a pro!! SWEET!

SLAM vs weekly shocking-they are not the same. The SLAM is a process to prevent the need of weekly shocking. Weekly shocking is what a pool service does in hopes the FC levels will stay up enough to keep algae at bay until they come back in a week. Once the SLAM is done you should be able to move on to daily maintenance of the pool using liquid chlorine.

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Tena
Thank you so much. I'm really trying. Greatly appreciate this site and all the expert advice ?

I just read through this whole thread and wanted to jump in and say WELL DONE!! You listened to the wonderful instructions given by two of the best TFP has! :hug: to both of them!

I also noticed how far YOU have come. From not really knowing anything about how to care for your pool to "I am ready to start a slam" like a pro!! SWEET!

SLAM vs weekly shocking-they are not the same. The SLAM is a process to prevent the need of weekly shocking. Weekly shocking is what a pool service does in hopes the FC levels will stay up enough to keep algae at bay until they come back in a week. Once the SLAM is done you should be able to move on to daily maintenance of the pool using liquid chlorine.

Kim:kim:

CB, sorry, I've been taking care of domestic duties. :) Sounds like you are becoming more & more of a true TFP'er by learning and incorporating TFP techniques on your own. Very good. So if the water got cloudy between the last SLAM and AA treatment, yes, it's best to get it crystal clear again. You know how though, and hopefully it won't take long. Refer to the FC/CYA Levels and SLAM away. Usually we recommend not using a cover during a SLAM so that the sun can oxidize the CCs that are being processed. But you can cover the pool for a few hours to help preserve some FC from the sun if you like. Just make sure to let the water get direct sun for a few hours each day. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Ugh please help. I thought today was going to be the last day of slam. Holding chlorine level. Filters yesterday were almost running clear. This morning while vacuuming I noticed slight staining starting ? assuming because high chlorine and ph. Should I put ph reducer even though with high chlorine from slam making ph test off. I do have metal magic. Should I put it in. Everytime I get ahead..

Yesterday I decided to do 2 lb ph reducer and 16 oz metal magic. This morning I switched filters and did all testing.
FC 13.5
CC .4
TA 100
CA 50
CYA 40
PH 7.2

I started increasing calcium first dose this morning 2 lbs. I still have slight staining on the bottom of the pool.
Should I add another additional 16 oz of metal magic??? Thank you

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.