Iowa Vinyl Pool

do you store your robot in your house or garage over winter?
I most certainly will bring the Dread Robot Roberts inside. I don't have him yet, or the pool, lol, but the electronic stuff (pump/swg/robot) will stay warm and dry. The filter can go in the shed just to stay out of the snow drift.

Reactions: Snoobug
I most certainly will bring the Dread Robot Roberts inside. I don't have him yet, or the pool, lol, but the electronic stuff (pump/swg/robot) will stay warm and dry. The filter can go in the shed just to stay out of the snow drift.
It will be interesting (and sad) to see the pool closed for the year. School starts 2 weeks from monday. I'm so sad... I'm going to miss my kids and then my pool!

It will be interesting (and sad) to see the pool closed for the year. School starts 2 weeks from monday. I'm so sad..
No need to close it yet. If you close before the water is 60ish, you have to do more to it hoping that it’s enough to keep the algae at bay. Leaving it open late has a few added bonuses

1) the kids can take a quick (albeit slightly chilly) dip after school
2) it’s WAY prettier open, even if you don’t use it
3) pool company is less busy once all the wahoos close their pools early
4) much less chances for a spring swamp
5) at least one less off season draining.

No need to close it yet. If you close before the water is 60ish, you have to do more to it hoping that it’s enough to keep the algae at bay. Leaving it open late has a few added bonuses

1) the kids can take a quick (albeit slightly chilly) dip after school
2) it’s WAY prettier open, even if you don’t use it
3) pool company is less busy once all the wahoos close their pools early
4) much less chances for a spring swamp
5) at least one less off season draining.
Oh for sure not closing it yet... but the start of school means it's coming. I can feel the weather changing and it's getting darker earlier... got the sad feels... 🤣

But I also love winter... so...

Reactions: Newdude
Your autocover is a big help for keeping the pool open late and opening early. No worries about spring tree debris and fall leaves. In MD I open around 4/1 and close around 11/1. So for Iowa that would mean opening 6/1 and closing 9/1. :laughblue:It is good to like winter living there (or here for that matter).

Reactions: Snoobug and Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I top up to 12 fc, morning & night. By night I usually am at 7-8 fc. Will do an oclt tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.