Inyo Pool supply?

calstar

Feb 28, 2014
santa barbara, california
I tried ordering a pump motor from Inyo and it wasn't a good experience, here's the short story. NO customer phone, only live chat, email, and fax. Live chat was anything but, took 35 min with up to 12 min wait between responses from them. The chat guy said I needed a different motor than I thought, his response to questions about this was you need this one, no explanation. I also sent a email, was answered by a different guy who said I needed a different motor, the one I thought I needed. I then asked the second guy which one do I need, NO response as of 3 days ago. I also asked both for a phone number so I could actually talk to some one live, NO response. I sent picture of the existing motor plate specs and the pump info. I've saved a copy of the email and loaded transcripts of the chat, this not a he said/she said situation. I cant imagine trying to get any after purchase service/help/warrente. Has anyone had a similar experience with them, or can recommend a dealer they've had good experience with/can speak with someone?

thanks, Brian

I am not sure of what is going on with them...........they had some of the best customer service out there. I am going to ping them with this thread and see what they have to say. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I don't know this company, other than that they have, I think, a bunch of YouTube videos. You could be seeing what I do from many online services, including Amazon. Covid has caused a lot of companies to fall behind in customer service. Call Amazon, and in spite of that company having over 700,000 employees, you get a recording telling you there's no one to speak with you. Chase bank can take two weeks to respond to an online inquiry. That said, Inyo pools may or may not be a good company. I just wouldn't necessarily reach any conclusions right now.

Well, I would write them off and go elsewhere. Google Hayward 1.5hp "Max-flo" replacement motor and call some of the hit with telephone numbers. If you can take a picture of the data plate on your pump and post it here, that might help get some more specific responses.

Hello Brian - I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. There is a lot to address in your post. This has not been a normal spring/summer for Inyo. First, we have a very small staff that is working remotely. Normally we would have hired several seasonal employees to help with phones, tickets, chats. We were only able to hire and train two before we were forced to work from home.

The phones were active until 6/12. We were experiencing very high abandon rates and very long hold times. We felt that we couldn't adequately man the phones and create a good experience. Our number one goal is to increase customer interactions and lower the response time. We have done that by switching to live chat. Instead of talking to one customer at a time on the phone we can assist multiple people on chat. A representative on the phones can take 50-60 calls a day. We can double or triple that on chat.

Those are not excuses for your personal experience. The first chat was disconnected. The rep in the second chat recommended the B129 motor and the correct kit for a Hayward Max-Flo, GOKIT1. The B129 was recommended because the rep took the catalog number from your motor, 7-186855-01, and plugged that into the Century cross-reference tool. That would have worked and is a suitable replacement.

In the 3rd chat, the representative responded and recommended the UST1152. In this case, he took the Hayward SP1610-Z-1-MXBK number and cross-referenced it to the UST1152. The UST1152 would be a direct replacement for the original motor. That rep also recommended the GOKIT1 for your Max-Flo pump.

Again, this would not be a normal experience with INYOpools.com. Hopefully, things will get back to normal soon and we will be fully prepared for a normal season next year. Have a great day and enjoy the rest of the summer!

I just purchased a pump motor from them. I personally prefer chat but that is just me. Rep was helpful and answered questions to educate me on HP and Service Factor along with uprated and full rated motors. The cross reference was to a 2 HP uprated motor but a 1.5HP full rated motor was less expensive and the same net HP. It was quite a bit cheaper than local motor shop. Never checked local pool stores, just because. Ordered it Thursday and it arrived Tuesday. The shipping info was spotty and I wasn’t sure it had shipped at all. Then bang it’s here. I assumed it was due to what Rob said above.

Reactions: InyoRob
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.