anabuhstasia

Hi all! I’ve read these forums for a while, but just now decided to join.

Last year I purchased a Summer Waves 16x48. I loved it so much, I went big this year and purchased a 26x52 Intex Ultra XTR Pool.
It’s been sitting in my living room for months while I did ground prep. I’ve asked for help over and over and pretty much all my help bailed on me, so I decided to assemble alone. All was well until I got on the floor of the pool to push out the wrinkles in the liner. I looked up and noticed I had a rip in the horizontal sleeve that holds the horizontal bars. I completely lost it. The rip is less than two inches long. I called the redneckest folks I know, and even they said this couldn’t be rigged.

Alas, after a hundred years on the phone w Intex, they are sending me a replacement liner once they receive the INTEX cutout of the pool I mailed out today.

All of this loonnngggg intro to say::: I’m not sure when the sleeve ripped. I’d taken extra care during assembly not to do anything to cause the sleeves to rip, yet one did anyway. Does anyone have any good pointers or tips on keeping these sleeves from ripping during assembly?

Attachments

• A72CD5A4-ACB4-4ADE-BE82-DE2AC7BA4271.jpeg
    A72CD5A4-ACB4-4ADE-BE82-DE2AC7BA4271.jpeg
    256.1 KB · Views: 16
I would use a piece of duct tape on the next ones to cover the possibly sharp edges. Wrap a piece half on and half off each end. Then fold it into the middle of the pipe.

The edges aren’t sharp. The sleeve rips when trying to attach everything to the T joints.
Crud. Then maybe extra hands is the only way to go. Got any teenagers in the neighborhood you could hire for an hour when you get to that point ? Find one and tell him to bring 2 friends ?

Don’t sweat it it probably had a tear in it before you got to it might’ve been small but once you stuck The piece through the sleeve it probably opened up I’ve gotten brand new pools got it altogether filled with water and had to patch a dozen little pinholes believe me in Texas not perfect

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.