Intex Pure Spa E95 Code, I need help!!

Just tried chahn48926 fix, only had a 1/2 watt 10 k in my stash (used to fix tv's) seems to be working.
kind of figured it would as bobW's fix eliminated the sensor anyway.
just wondering if the processor fits its temp info from somewhere else and will shut the heater off at temp

Just tried chahn48926 fix, only had a 1/2 watt 10 k in my stash (used to fix tv's) seems to be working.
kind of figured it would as bobW's fix eliminated the sensor anyway.
just wondering if the processor fits its temp info from somewhere else and will shut the heater off at temp
Spa went from 78 to 84 in a couple hours, so seems to be working, unplugging for the night because I'm still not sure about the temp regulation issue, but this fix works!

Not so fast, plugged it in this morning working fine temp dropped to 78 over night.
checked in afternoon temp at 85 BUT, e96 error, heater off, pump still running.
reset good for 2 min, same thing.
wondering if changing resistor value could correct this issue? Don't know how the processor works.
85 f = 30 c. 10k = 25c so I would like to know if chahn48926 could tell me what resistor value would equal 100f or approx 37c? Thinking unit confused by difference in high temp inputs.

Think I got it! Tested my theory today, let it drop to 78 then restarted, got to 85 then error end out again.
changed out the 10 k for a 6k (3, 2k in series) started again, now up to 91 and rising.
my research says 6k = a little over 38c or just over 100f still concerned about weather it will shut off at temp.
have it set to 100. Will let you know.
It worked!
Mark this tread solved!
6k worked fine, got to 100 and stopped.
just got out of it, set it to 104 when I got out, think it will be fine.
thanks for all the input that lead me to the answer

Hi! I'm new to TFP, but very pleased at the wealth of knowledge that seems to be floating around. I have an Intex PureSpa PS-BH-10. It worked fine for a while, then the base unit failed - probably the rod that people have posted about.
Warranty was still in place, so I got a new base unit. Right about the time that the warranty ran out, I started to get the E95 temperature error code. My heater will not come on, and the digital display says the water is like 200+F.

I have located the thermistors, and scrubbed them, with little improvement. I would love to purchase replacements, if someone has the part number. I read this thread through several times, there was some discussion of installing a relay,
and bypassing the sensor, also some folks had purchased Thermomart sensors, but they didn't fit. I am committed to finding a reasonably priced solution to this problem, for myself, and other Intex owners.

Has anyone got any other info to share on this topic?

Think I got it! Tested my theory today, let it drop to 78 then restarted, got to 85 then error end out again.
changed out the 10 k for a 6k (3, 2k in series) started again, now up to 91 and rising.
my research says 6k = a little over 38c or just over 100f still concerned about weather it will shut off at temp.
have it set to 100. Will let you know.
It worked!
Mark this tread solved!
6k worked fine, got to 100 and stopped.
just got out of it, set it to 104 when I got out, think it will be fine.
thanks for all the input that lead me to the answer

I would love to see a diagram or picture too. i have the same issue and i cleaned them and cleaned the inside of the heater too as it was pretty gross inside. i didn't buy this tub new so that might be part of the issue. i get the 95 error right away after turning the heater on which tells me the sensors are bad. both are showing the wire inside and the black coating which i assume is under the copper coating that is standard on these. none of my sensors look like those on the web that people show to clean.... i think mine are very damaged..

Hi! I'm new to TFP, but very pleased at the wealth of knowledge that seems to be floating around. I have an Intex PureSpa PS-BH-10. It worked fine for a while, then the base unit failed - probably the rod that people have posted about.
Warranty was still in place, so I got a new base unit. Right about the time that the warranty ran out, I started to get the E95 temperature error code. My heater will not come on, and the digital display says the water is like 200+F.

I have located the thermistors, and scrubbed them, with little improvement. I would love to purchase replacements, if someone has the part number. I read this thread through several times, there was some discussion of installing a relay,
and bypassing the sensor, also some folks had purchased Thermomart sensors, but they didn't fit. I am committed to finding a reasonably priced solution to this problem, for myself, and other Intex owners.

Has anyone got any other info to share on this topic?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had the E95 Code on my Intex PureSpa, purchased November 2017. The motor would run. However, once you set it to heat, it would throw the E95 code. I could not get it to heat any more.

The problem was the overheat sensor on the outlet of the heater section. This is a little silver screw that screws into the outlet end of the heater section. The sensor tells the brain that the water is too hot, and shuts down the heater for safety. Some say you can clean the sensor, however I elected to replace it since I could find the right thing.

I replaced the temperature sensor on the outlet of the heater section. You can tell the outlet and inlet by following the path of the water. The water flows out of the spa through the lower filter. It goes through the pump, then up to the big black heater section. The outlet of the heater section flows water back into the spa through the upper filter.
I replaced the little silver sensor at the outlet of the heater. It is a screw in type, connected by a thin black two conductor wire leading from the sensor to the mother board. I replaced it with a sensor from ThermoMart, cost $11.50. The sensor is a NTC, Negative Temperature Coefficient probe, 10 mm thread size. I removed the existing one on the output of the heater section, added a ORing to the new probe, and installed it.

The guy that figured this out used a 8 mm thread size, and it was too small. It will still solve the code if you install one that is too small and plug the hole. However, you do not have any high temperature safeties any more.

I cut off the existing sensor, and soldered the wires to the existing cable. The cable has a special connector that goes into the mother board. So, soldering to the existing cable allows it to fit using the existing wire and connector. it does not matter which wire you solder to which, there is no polarity in the two wires.

Part Number: NTC10K-S-M10
NAME: "INTEX SPA HOT TUB JACUZZI POOL WATER TEMPERATURE SCREW TYPE SENSOR PROBE M10"
WEB: Intex Spa Hot Tub Jacuzzi Pool Water Temperature Screw type Sensor Probe M10

SPECIFICATIONS:
Measurement Range:-58 to 230 F (-50 to 110C)
Cable Length (L): 10 ft (3m)
Sensing tip length: 10mm
Thread Size (S): (M10)
Sensor Type: Waterproof Negative Temperature Coefficient Sensor

This solved the E95 code, and the spa has been working and heating fine for weeks. Thanks for the help on this big problem that was solved by a little work! This site is a godsend!
Cheers!ntc10km10-2-1-250x250.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.