Intex Pool Sand Filter

Sgibson

Apr 20, 2020
Alabama
I just purchased a new Intex Sand Filter with 12 inch tank from Amazon. My pool is a Coleman 18 *48 we hooked it up and its running great for a while then it just starts losing pressure I guess. It stops blowing as hard into the pool. The water was drained from the pool and refilled with clean water. There was some small amounts of algea left in it which we are trying to remove. The water is clear so we cant figure out what would be causing the pump to loose power like its doing. I can backwash and then it starts working great for a short amount of time.

Welcome to the forum!
Your filter is doing its job. You have algae. It is attempting to filter out live algae which is never successful.
You need to follow the SLAM Process. To do that, you need a proper test kit, see Test Kits Compared. I suggest the TF-100 A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

While you are waiting on your test kit, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine / plain bleach to your pool each evening with the pump running. This will replenish the FC lost each day to the sun and also inhibit any algae in the water from growing further.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

No. TFPC is based on quality pool owner testing. We do not recognize pool store test results for anything.

I just purchased a new Intex Sand Filter with 12 inch tank from Amazon. My pool is a Coleman 18 *48 we hooked it up and its running great for a while then it just starts losing pressure I guess. It stops blowing as hard into the pool. The water was drained from the pool and refilled with clean water. There was some small amounts of algea left in it which we are trying to remove. The water is clear so we cant figure out what would be causing the pump to loose power like its doing. I can backwash and then it starts working great for a short amount of time.
Google "yellow algae".
Google "yellow algae" ( mustard algae)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.