Intex magnetic pool lights

Can these be scheduled to turn on at particular time? It seems like I need to manually turn them on each time I want to light up the pool.

No, pretty much on or off...

That being said, I'm a bit of a tech junkie so I picked up an outdoor smart plug that is Alexa compatible and use those to manage both the light in the pool and my pump and SWG schedules. I have routines set up for on/off times for the pump/swg and can simply tell Alexa to turn on the pool light or turn it on from my phone. :) There are always ways around manual.

@jonahex2099
I have several of those smart plugs, love them. However I can't get them to work with the light, they will turn it off, but not back on? How did you get it to work?

@jonahex2099
I have several of those smart plugs, love them. However I can't get them to work with the light, they will turn it off, but not back on? How did you get it to work?

The light is just a light, it knows "I have power, I'm ON" and "I don't have power, I'm OFF" - so it sounds to me like something wonky with your smart plug?

Below is the smart plug I use, you need the app to configure it and control it as well w/o using Alexa. But once it was managable via the app, I just had Alexa discover it and then I created routines that turn each outlet on or off (for the pump/swg) and named the outlets accordingly, so I can turn them on/off via voice command...now it's just "Alexa turn on Pool Light" or "Alexa turn off Pool Light".

Hmmm,... maybe I have a different light,.. just tried again,.. it will only turn the light off,.. not back on😩

Hmmm,... maybe I have a different light,.. just tried again,.. it will only turn the light off,.. not back on😩

What model smart plug are you using? Assuming it's the intex magnetic light you're talking about....that seems odd to me.... :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My light is older - only one mode on/off, no multiple colors...maybe that's why it's not working correctly? I don't have a way of testing it since mine is working....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.