Why does TFP prefer the Taylor SpeedStir to a seemingly more versatile INTLLAB Magnetic Stirrer?

I actually don't use the smart stir light. I don't like how the swirling bean makes the light flicker. I have the smart stir with the test tube in front of a white background and shine light from a lamp onto the background. Works better for me.
Thank you for the perspective of the flickering light. When I was testing using a flashlight, today, I did put a white background behind the comparator too. It does work well. But my manual swirling causes a distraction, probably a bit more than the blinking light for you.

Reactions: mgtfp
Thanks for the info all. It is good to know that the Taylor stirrer works with either the dual tube 2000 series comparator or a beaker on top of it and spins. Does it seem to spin just as well as when the supplied vial is used? What and where do you get extra vials? A link if it's easy, would be great. :) Is it easier in the process of doing a TA and FC test to have a separate vial (with their own magnet pills) for each?

Look up Taylor 9198. That's the part number for the Taylor vial. You can find it many places. One of the cheapest is TF Testkits. Taylor 9198 Calibrated Cylinder

I like to use them since I have the Taylor sample sizer.
Amazon.com