Intex Graphite Gray Panel Pool and Wall Skimmer?

Jun 14, 2017
Florida
Happy New Year everyone!

We just started planning for the coming season and looking at our options.
Our setup with summer wave and Game Pro Sand filter (hard plumbing) got all damaged during hurricane Michael.
So we are starting from scratch. We wanted to go with a proper AG after the last setup is done
but with all the damages, the timing, etc. the budget won't allow us to do that this year.
So we are looking for an alternative (for the next 2 or 3 years).

We love the look of the Intex Graphite. But I wonder if anyone had one and if it would be possible to add a wall skimmer?
Not a fan of the intex skimmer (had that one in our very first intex). I wonder if it would be possible to cut some of the panels
to have an opening for the skimmer. Any advice?

This is the intex pool

Intex 15 Graphite Gray Panel Above-Ground Swimming Pool Set : 26381EH

Another possible option is this one but we think the intex might look better? Any advice is welcome.

Oceania Weekender Round Above Ground Pool Package

Thanks!

PS: We are considering SWG.

The walls are just cosmetic, however I'm not sure how wide the gap is between the wall and the pool. You could probably install a skimmer like you would with a regular intex, but you would not be able to attach it to the plastic walls. You would cut an opening in the plastic for the body of the skimmer to pass through, and you would want to seal that opening so it didn't trap water or bugs between the wall and the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.