Intex Automatic Pool Vacuum

Lillmajor

Hi guys, new to the forum here! I have an Intex XTR above ground pool 18’x52”. I got tired of manually vacuuming my pool, and didn’t want to spend more on a vacuum (pressure or robot) than I did for the pool itself. I shopped around, looked at some reviews and different products, and decided to get the Intex brand auto vacuum. It works great, when it works. The issue I’m having is my hose continually gets wrapped around itself and causes the vacuum to go back and forth in the same spot, until it eventually stops moving entirely. After browsing forums for about a day, everyone else with this vacuum seems to have a multi-jointed hose with several pivoting couplings, and doesn’t have this problem. My vacuum (newer model I suppose) only shipped with one hose single length hose. I’ve cut it to the proper length for my pool, my filter is backwashed and clean, and the vacuum itself is rinsed and clean. Any ideas here?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    457.2 KB · Views: 14
Hi guys, new to the forum here! I have an Intex XTR above ground pool 18’x52”. I got tired of manually vacuuming my pool, and didn’t want to spend more on a vacuum (pressure or robot) than I did for the pool itself. I shopped around, looked at some reviews and different products, and decided to get the Intex brand auto vacuum. It works great, when it works. The issue I’m having is my hose continually gets wrapped around itself and causes the vacuum to go back and forth in the same spot, until it eventually stops moving entirely. After browsing forums for about a day, everyone else with this vacuum seems to have a multi-jointed hose with several pivoting couplings, and doesn’t have this problem. My vacuum (newer model I suppose) only shipped with one hose single length hose. I’ve cut it to the proper length for my pool, my filter is backwashed and clean, and the vacuum itself is rinsed and clean. Any ideas here?
I’m so surprised they are no longer shipping with the segmented hose with the swivel connectors - that is key!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.