Intex 18 foot pool, 7 years old, rusting below rail next to T joint areas with holes, fixes?

I'll have to add a photo later, but basically at each of the T joint spots on the pool, most of them on left or right on the underside i have rust. I have had this before, i used rusteoleum to cover it up, but now the rust is back but with degradation in the metal, holes etc.

On one of them i sanded and coated it again as best i could, then wrapped a bicycle tube around it and sprayed over that with plasti dip. Rough job but it seemed to be ok.

Any suggestions on what to do now that i discovered quite a few more under there? I'm thinking some sort of silicone tape and wrap em tight, but i dont know how long that will extend things short of tearing it all down and replacing the whole thing, liner included? I thought maybe there is some sort of wrap/brace i could also wrap around for strength

If this were to rust all the way to the top of the rail, this would put the structural integrity at risk, i would think, especially if theres more than 1 spot along the circle.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Can you post some photos of the rusted pieces? I’m concerned about the beams having holes, as you mentioned.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.