intermittent intellichlor ic40 cell light

Apr 30, 2016
Las Vegas, NV
My intellichlor ic40 has been acting up this season. Some days I get a cell light other days I don't and it seems like the chlorine production matches the on/off days. I also get no salt lights on the ic40 even though the salt level is correct. Additionally on the output lights I get the 40% and 60% lights but no 20%. The cell is 4 years old and I checked the blades and there is no build up.

Looking for any troubleshooting ideas before I go and drop too dang much money on a new cell.

Thanks

Attachments

• PXL_20210712_190458629.jpg
    PXL_20210712_190458629.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 12
Can we assume the IC is connected to the EasyTouch?

Bring up the Chlorinator page on Screenlogic and see what it says.

Do the test for Temperature as described in Pentair Intellichlor ICXX SWG - Further Reading

Typically, we do not see where the Flow lights and Cell lights are completely off.

Do you get the flashing Salt lights when the IC powers up?
I completed the self test / temp test. The cold water light remains red at the completion of the self test and it shows no percentage lights for life. The temperature test lights up the 40% 60% which the chart says indicates 46 to 55F while the actual water temp is 88. On power up the red low salt light flashes but not the green good light. During the self test the green good light does not illuminate either.

@Jimrahbe @JamesW
Thoughts?

The temperature test indicates the thermistor is bad in the flow switch. But other things are going on too. Let's have our two SWCG experts chime in.

Dad,

Your cell has issues for sure.

Salt light should be green or red but not off...

The 20% light should not be off..

Kind of sounds like it maybe thinks it is in some self-test mode.. :scratch:

If your cell is connected to an EasyTouch, tell me if the % light actually change when adjusted from the EasyTouch or ScreenLogic... If you set the EasyTouch to 80% does the cell change to 80%???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Dad,

Your cell has issues for sure.

Salt light should be green or red but not off...

The 20% light should not be off..

Kind of sounds like it maybe thinks it is in some self-test mode.. :scratch:

If your cell is connected to an EasyTouch, tell me if the % light actually change when adjusted from the EasyTouch or ScreenLogic... If you set the EasyTouch to 80% does the cell change to 80%???

Thanks,

Jim R.
While testing the % I realized that in addition to the 20% light not working the 80 & 100 lights are not lighting up either during the self test.
From what I can tell, it does appear that the Screenlogic is changing the output percentage. I get the 40 light at 40 and the 60 light at 60. When I take it down below 10 percent the lights blink at 4 and 6. I'm not sure if it is normal when connected to a easytouch or screenlogic but I cannot control the output with the more less buttons manually at the unit

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When I take it down below 10 percent the lights blink at 4 and 6. I'm not sure if it is normal when connected to a easytouch or screenlogic but I cannot control the output with the more less buttons manually at the unit
If you go below 20%, then the % lights blink.

The IC cannot be controlled at the unit when it is connected and controlled by the EasyTouch.

It might be a failing control panel.

Some units have the control interface burn up and some get water intrusion that shorts out the control panel.
Is there any way to verify the control board is failing and not something wrong the IC40 before dropping $155 on a new board? I hate buying parts pricey stuff I don't need but if that is what I have to do then I'll do it. Thanks again for all your input

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.