Atlanta
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Ok so this is driving me crazy. I have a Hayward tristar VS. I get air bubbles randomly in the returns. Can’t seem to locate the cause

Attachments

• 127868AF-7DDE-43DF-AC41-38274323CFCE.jpeg
    127868AF-7DDE-43DF-AC41-38274323CFCE.jpeg
    693.7 KB · Views: 8
Hi, welcome to TFP! If you are seeing fine air bubbles coming from the returns from time to time it is probably coming from the saltwater chlorine generator. Is the pump strainer pot always full of water with no air bubble in the lid?

Hi, welcome to TFP! If you are seeing fine air bubbles coming from the returns from time to time it is probably coming from the saltwater chlorine generator. Is the pump strainer pot always full of water with no air bubble in the lid?
It’s not all the way full it has about 1/2 in from the top but it’s always been that way

Man you were right, went over turned off the swg they stopped immediately. Came back one I turned it on. Any advice on getting the last bit of air out the pump?

You may have an air leak somewhere on the suction side. Here are some things to check. Make sure the o-ring on the pump pot lid is well lubricated with silicone pool lube. Check that the plug on the pump pot is finger tight. Check any pipe joints above ground between the pool and the pump intake with soapy water while the pump is running. If the bubbles get pulled into the pipe that is the leak location.

So the problem was with the crappy sand filter I had. I bought a nanny installed it and once the vs pump started to prime the air was completely gone in like 10 secs

You may have an air leak somewhere on the suction side. Here are some things to check. Make sure the o-ring on the pump pot lid is well lubricated with silicone pool lube. Check that the plug on the pump pot is finger tight. Check any pipe joints above ground between the pool and the pump intake with soapy water while the pump is running. If the bubbles get pulled into the pipe that is the leak location.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.