Raleigh, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I had my pool builder remove the improperly plumbed extra pump and clean up my plumbing. I've been reviewing and tweaking my Intellivalve automation and my Intake/Return valves are confusing me. In both pictures, pool is on the left, spa is on the right.

I'm expecting that the default is that POOL MODE is the Home (0) position on the Intellivalve and SPA MODE would be the set (>0) position. I'm trying to reprogram my set positions and this is not the case for me. When I turn on POOL MODE the values move the set position, and when I turn on SPA MODE the valves turn to the home position. Is this correct?

Attachments

• Intake.jpeg
    Intake.jpeg
    685.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Return.jpeg
    Return.jpeg
    787.5 KB · Views: 15
w,

It does not really matter if the valve is in the Home position when in the pool mode or the spa mode. It only matters that the valves moves to where they need to be when in the Pool mode or the Spa mode.

When in the Pool mode, the Intake valve should suck water from the Pool and the Return valve should send the water back to the Pool

When in the Spa mode, the Intake valve should suck water from the Spa drain and the Return valve should send the water back to the Spa.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Page 11 of the manual describes how to swap the home position from one side to the other.
Thanks! I actually just found this in the heater bypass manual when I was setting that up. I thought I had read the Intellivalve manual, but I realize now it was only Intellivalve section of the Intellicenter manual.

w,

It does not really matter if the valve is in the Home position when in the pool mode or the spa mode. It only matters that the valves moves to where they need to be when in the Pool mode or the Spa mode.

When in the Pool mode, the Intake valve should suck water from the Pool and the Return valve should send the water back to the Pool

When in the Spa mode, the Intake valve should suck water from the Spa drain and the Return valve should send the water back to the Spa.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Yep, I got that, I couldn't get the valve to match up with that. As Drew pointed out, I just needed to switch the home position. I should have just RTFM for Intellivalve. :rolleyes:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.