Intellitouch Troubleshooting - Motherboard or Personality Board?

leifviper

Jul 13, 2019
Quartz Hill, CA
All,
My IntelliTouch i5 no longer controls the pool equipment. The outdoor control panel is shown below and the LED lights are all on steady but I have no control over them (I do NOT have an indoor control panel). System control button does not work either. I can manually turn on my IntelliFlow pump, heater and control the valves (power to all of them). I use ScreenLogic for remote control of the system, but that is inoperative too.
Based on my troubleshooting, it appears that I either have a bad Motherboard or a bad Personality Board. How do I determine which one of the two is the culprit so I can order the right board? Any other thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks!

Todd
IMG_8863.jpg

Todd,

Let's ask Tom... @ogdento

Since all the button are on, the first thing that I would check is the voltages...

Not sure where they are on your IntelliTouch, but assume somewhat the same as an EasyTouch.. Do you have a voltmeter???

Connector on the right side of main board.. Voltages are marked

Thanks,.

Jim R.

I do have a voltmeter - I'll take a look and see if there is anything marked. On the IntelliTouch the personality board mounts directly on the back of the Motherboard.

Also, one point of clarification - My ScreenLogic appears to allow me to turn on/off pumps and features (looks like it works properly from the app) but they do not actually turn on or off.

That board looks pretty jammed up... the leds should definitely not be lit all at the same time (especially pool/spa/fill/drain). The personality board is most likely fine, you're going to want the mainboard (aka UOC - universal outdoor controller) that is underneath.

Have you had any power surges or anything like that lately?

I just sent you a pm.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Todd, before you buy another board...

I just fixed a board that had a bunch of LEDs lit and wouldn't do anything... after a lot of wasted investigation time, the fix was just a firmware re-flash! I have no idea how it got all scrambled, but it's working now. That might save you some $$

Tom

Hey Todd, before you buy another board...

I just fixed a board that had a bunch of LEDs lit and wouldn't do anything... after a lot of wasted investigation time, the fix was just a firmware re-flash! I have no idea how it got all scrambled, but it's working now. That might save you some $$

Tom
Tom- I am having some similar issues to those mentioned in this post. How does one go about firmware re-flash? Thanks in advance. -Pesh

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.